• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great car.

Will you marry me?

I Do :o

TigerLily

Really?

OK let's do it, a cyber marriage.

Ok itz done , when do i get your Condo ?

Ahhh how sweet.. The Thai equivalent of "I do"

Yeah, and so what? Tiger Lily and myself have found that we are totally right for each other, via the internet. I apologise if you find this offensive.

I plan to marry Lily as soon as possible, you are more than welcome to buy us a present, ( BMW or Mercedes Benz) will do nicely.

Our relationship has great prospects, apart from the fact that we have never actually met, I cannot see any possible problem.

Edited by Creeper

Nice cars....

I note that your Thailand cars new in Thailand - the SLK 200 and the S 280 - would only cost a little less than the S 600 and SL 55 AMG new in the US...

And, of course, if you bought a SL 55 AMG new in Thailand (for approx Bt18m) there wouldnt be much change left over to buy the wife a Honda Jazz!!

That's a great car.

Will you marry me?

TigerLily

Really?

Yeah, and so what? Tiger Lily and myself have found that we are totally right for each other, via the internet. I apologise if you find this offensive.

I plan to marry Lily as soon as possible, you are more than welcome to buy us a present, ( BMW or Mercedes Benz) will do nicely.

Our relationship has great prospects, apart from the fact that we have never actually met, I cannot see any possible problem.

:D:D

Isn't there something intrinsically sad about someone who despite such wealth has to go onto an anonymous internet forum and almost ask to be told that he did the right thing ? apart from the fact that showing off, particularly wealth, is vulgar, I doubt many women want such a car unless chauffeured.

Me, jealous ? no. I had my time to buy all the toys I wanted and you know, I never needed a slap on the back of approval from my friends, internet or real.

Hey, this is a motor forum....not a morality forum...here we are just a bunch of guys talking about machines and the things we like. Try to lighten up...have you ever visited any car forum?

Isn't there something intrinsically sad about someone who despite such wealth has to go onto an anonymous internet forum and almost ask to be told that he did the right thing ? apart from the fact that showing off, particularly wealth, is vulgar, I doubt many women want such a car unless chauffeured.

Me, jealous ? no. I had my time to buy all the toys I wanted and you know, I never needed a slap on the back of approval from my friends, internet or real.

Hey, this is a motor forum....not a morality forum...here we are just a bunch of guys talking about machines and the things we like. Try to lighten up...have you ever visited any car forum?

You bought a car for your wife - so what? You say "Hey, this is a motor forum....not a morality forum..."; it is but you have made it into a 'motoring and bragging' forum - does it matter who you bought the car for? If you are old enough to drive then you are old enough to leave the "My Dad's bigger than your Dad" attitude behind.

You bought a car for your wife - so what? You say "Hey, this is a motor forum....not a morality forum..."; it is but you have made it into a 'motoring and bragging' forum - does it matter who you bought the car for? If you are old enough to drive then you are old enough to leave the "My Dad's bigger than your Dad" attitude behind.

If Corkscrew had bought a 1998 Toyota Soluna for his wife none of you would think anything about it, just cos he has bought his wife an expensive car that most can only dream of buying, you are jealous and think he's bragging.

This is a Motoring Forum, and Corkscrew bought a motor, the fact that it's an expensive motor is immaterial, it's just a motor.

Therefore I see absolutely no reason at as to why Corkscrew should not post this in the motoring Forum.

Old enough to drive? Weren't you 10 year old when you started driving? At least thats what you bragged about in another topic! Behind the wheel when 10 years of age!! Oh yeah..and what about that... ah foget it. I save that for one of your newer posts.

That's a great car.

Will you marry me?

TigerLily

Really?

post-41326-1187927612_thumb.jpg

Jealousy is a terrible thing isnt it ,. :o

Old enough to drive? Weren't you 10 year old when you started driving? At least thats what you bragged about in another topic! Behind the wheel when 10 years of age!! Oh yeah..and what about that... ah foget it. I save that for one of your newer posts.

If that is directed at me, how wrong you are - I was about 15 before I was even a passenger in one!

A Benz is a good looking comfortable car that will turn many heads. On the other hand they have a terrible dependability record. My boss used to have a Lexus and never had it in the shop except for oil changes. He sold it and bought a new Benz and it has been in the shop for numerous problems. One of my best friends back in Washington D.C. is the top mechanic for American Service Center (Benz dealership) and confirmed to me that my bosses car is not a lemon. He says that all of them have numerous problems and keep him quite rich.

My boss used to have a Lexus and never had it in the shop except for oil changes.

Well, Lexus is a Toyota, and we all know that are Number 1 when it comes to reliabilty.

Really, Lexus is a total cut above all the rest on this point. The latest poll confirmed that in the US. When if first came out, I had one of the first LS400s. Kept it around for about 5 years. Absolutely the finest, trouble-free car I've ever owned, and the dealer service was just superb.

Now, lest you think I'm easily impressed, I've owned new models of 7 and 3 series BMWs; I've owned S class and kompressor Mercedes, among the the cars under discussion here. None of the BMWs, though much more exciting to own and drive, nor the Mercs, which were a pleasure to ride in ever held up to the same satisfaction of ownership I got from that Lexus. And, the price was much less than the competition.

These discussions are kind of silly in Thailand though, because the costs of acquisition change the equation of ownership desirability for me. To others, let them enjoy anything they want to drive. But, I think the smart money in Thailand buys a top end Camry and calls it a day.

My boss used to have a Lexus and never had it in the shop except for oil changes.

Well, Lexus is a Toyota, and we all know that are Number 1 when it comes to reliabilty.

Really, Lexus is a total cut above all the rest on this point. The latest poll confirmed that in the US. When if first came out, I had one of the first LS400s. Kept it around for about 5 years. Absolutely the finest, trouble-free car I've ever owned, and the dealer service was just superb.

Now, lest you think I'm easily impressed, I've owned new models of 7 and 3 series BMWs; I've owned S class and kompressor Mercedes, among the the cars under discussion here. None of the BMWs, though much more exciting to own and drive, nor the Mercs, which were a pleasure to ride in ever held up to the same satisfaction of ownership I got from that Lexus. And, the price was much less than the competition.

These discussions are kind of silly in Thailand though, because the costs of acquisition change the equation of ownership desirability for me. To others, let them enjoy anything they want to drive. But, I think the smart money in Thailand buys a top end Camry and calls it a day.

Cars today are so 'sophisticated' with electronics that I wonder if they will be repairable in 10 years (who can fix a 10 year old computer today?).

I have owned MBs since 1975 and I have never had a problem with any of them (sure, I take them in for their regularly scheduled service). They have never failed me.

My 1992 SL had a minimum of electronics. My currently latest (S 2008) seems to be wholly electronic....and I am sure that this is the case with all 2008s regardless of brand. Who will be able to repair these machines 10 or 15 years from now? Maybe that is the point. Nobody. You'll have to buy a new car.

But, I must say these new beasts are a lot of fun to drive.....until all those chips become antiques.

We are not really an anonymous forum. I think we have have all known each other (on line) for years. Remember, this is a motor forum where we talk about cars and bikes and guy machines. OK, this is not a car brand forum (Ford, MB, Toyota) but we are a bunch of people who like to drive our cars in Thailand. So, whether we drive a Tuk-tuk or a Rolls we have a common threat. Let's be good to each other.

Edited by corkscrew

May I just add I really don't see the problem here, corkscrew is a long term member and has a colourful personality. Elephants LB's and polo anyone? By the by on the chips with everything point, it's an interesting one. As the vehicles inevitably move down the chain, what does happen when a vehicle which is potentially mechanically sound fails because the software to blow a replacement EPROM is now in the museum?

Regards

If he had said that he had bought a new car and not referenced it to his wife there would have been no problem with others.

Exactly.

Have you ever seen a small woman drive one of these large mercs ? I never have. Usually hubby or a chauffeur. The OP states that he will probably drive it so why not just say that he has bought a nice new car.

I bought a nice new truck a couple of months ago but I didn't get on the net bragging about it. Its just a machine to get you from A to B though there are different levels of comfort I agree.

I saw a Bentley on the roads the other day and I thought about what I consider the fool who parted with perhaps 25m+ to buy it, irrespective of one's wealth.

Nothing wrong in showing pictures of cars, I used to do that with Top Trumps until I was about 7 or 8 years old. Nothing wrong with being rich either. There is just something a little "strange" when rich folk flaunt their wealth with overpriced toys and almost sit back and wait for the adulation of the crowd.

I agree about the Camry in Thailand as well but maybe the odd change for the Honda Accord. Not even sure I'd chuck the extra 1.5m for the V6 ?

If he had said that he had bought a new car and not referenced it to his wife there would have been no problem with others.

Exactly.

Have you ever seen a small woman drive one of these large mercs ? I never have. Usually hubby or a chauffeur. The OP states that he will probably drive it so why not just say that he has bought a nice new car.

I bought a nice new truck a couple of months ago but I didn't get on the net bragging about it. Its just a machine to get you from A to B though there are different levels of comfort I agree.

I saw a Bentley on the roads the other day and I thought about what I consider the fool who parted with perhaps 25m+ to buy it, irrespective of one's wealth.

Nothing wrong in showing pictures of cars, I used to do that with Top Trumps until I was about 7 or 8 years old. Nothing wrong with being rich either. There is just something a little "strange" when rich folk flaunt their wealth with overpriced toys and almost sit back and wait for the adulation of the crowd.

I agree about the Camry in Thailand as well but maybe the odd change for the Honda Accord. Not even sure I'd chuck the extra 1.5m for the V6 ?

Let's just be friends. OK, I bought the car for my wife because she really liked it. While we are in our trip to the USA she really did not have a car to drive while I was busy driving our only car (OK a SL!). The only reason that I posted it here was because it was such a cool car....and, guys, we do like cars...right?

Cars are cars! Friends are more important.

why is he a fool ?

its a fine car ,

he can afford it , and he likes it .

so why on earth shouldnt he buy it ? we all indulge ourselves now and again , according to our means.

good luck to the person who can buy a bentley , good luck to corkscrew when he goes out and buys a benz , and good luck to the person who buys a 500,000b toyota.

they will all have big smiles on their faces and the endorphins will flow copiously , and thats what life is all about.

some people sound very envious , which is worse than being just jealous.

Edited by taxexile

why is he a fool ?

its a fine car ,

The Bentley GT is an absolute beauty. I know 3 people who own one and saw a famous football player on Saturday, driving a Bentley GTC... :o

A pleasure to the eyes I must say; the car that is :D

If there's nothing to dream of anymore in this world, whether it's a Lady/Gentleman, Ipod, new Motobike, Car or a better income, hundreds of millions of people would lose their dreams as well as goals and life would become boring and sad.

Dream on and try to achieve something; jealousy doesn't bring you anywhere except pain to yourself.

LaoPo :D

Edited by LaoPo