Nimblex Livecd

RKASA

I have been trying out a number of live Linux. Mostly just to learn new tricks. I have so far found puppy linux was good. Damm small linux is OK, and the last one I have been using this week is NimbleX a slaxware base OS livecd. I like this one the most. It has a choice of desktop and lots of GUI stuff to make it easyer on the newbiees. The KDE desktop is great. All three can save settings and store to usb drive ether stick or HD like I use. I didn't need to do any paertitioning in the usb drive which I set up FAT32 so I can still see it in XP. Plus when booting to diff. OS's the archive area is shared I still have all the Files saved in the other OS session. Thats not true of Pkg or Mod installed, but any thing else is available. Each distro has its own save file on the drive, The save files are fixed in size. I set them all to match the RAM, because any file or downloads go into the archive areas. I have a long list of distro which for one reason or other has yet to work. Luit linux hangs on IPconfig during boot. Kiosk Live which I really want to work is hanging in boot. Beatr IX 2005 won't boot ether. None give anykind of error status. All my download check sums were good and I burned them at a slow rate. There are various others that have yet to work. I didn't see many linux posts so I just fig I would show and tell alittle. After I get the internet Kiosk linux working. I will turn to getting some server stuff set up.

Some of the Linux distributions you talk about are distributions of small development teams, nothing wrong with small Linux distributions. I myself, once was a hardcore fan and developer of a one men developed Linux Distribution. (Never got noticed by anybody)

The downside of small development team Linux distributions is that they also have most of the time a small hardware test bed for there distribution.

Most of this smaller Linux distributions are only tested on a limited amount of hardware, mostly what the developers have at home......

:D Yea, I think that is why I have such a large back log of distro which did not boot for various reasons. I am beginning to get involved with extracting the grub and fixing somethings adding mod ect. but thats going to take some time. I have found it can be complicated, but I learned to script my C64 even did alittle assm. lang. with it. so its day by day. I know if I open up this copy of Mandrake 7.0 I never got around to using years ago, I would never take the time to really learn what going on inside the box. So its become a total freeware hobby which suits my allowance. :o