Toyota Main Dealership Surin

TBWG

Hi

Does anyone have details of tel no, fax no & e-mail address for Toyota main dealers in Surin?

It would be appreciated........try as I might I can't find any details on internet :o

Thanks

TBWG :D

I have bought from the main Toyota dealer in Buriram they had a large selection of motors they must have had 50/60 new pick ups for sale . They were VERY helpfull if you have no luck with Surin maybe take a trip to Buriram :D .

JB

Hi

Does anyone have details of tel no, fax no & e-mail address for Toyota main dealers in Surin?

It would be appreciated........try as I might I can't find any details on internet :D

Thanks

I have bought from the main Toyota dealer in Buriram they had a large selection of motors they must have had 50/60 new pick ups for sale . They were VERY helpfull if you have no luck with Surin maybe take a trip to Buriram :D .

JB

Hi JoeUK

I intend to buy from Toyota Main dealer in Buriram as it is nearer to me than Surin, but as I am ordering from UK I wanted to get a comparison price to make sure I am not being stitched up. :o

Common TBWG, your fingers are not working properly.

1. Toyota Surin (1991 ) Co.,Ltd branch Sang Kha

Address: 259 Lo Suwan Rd., Sang Kha, Sang Kha32150

Tel: (044) 571313-4

Fax: (044) 571315

2. Toyota Surin (1991 ) Co.,Ltd

Address: 370-378 Phattamanon Rd., Nai Muang, Muang32000

Tel: (044) 528528-35

Fax: (044) 528536

Info from Toyota Thailand main web site - dealer locations

Thanks for that Nomad

Obviously my googling leaves a lot to be desired, I'll give myself a good slapping!!!

TBWG :o

Thanks for that Nomad

Obviously my googling leaves a lot to be desired, I'll give myself a good slapping!!!

Dont forget to ask for the EXTRAS you want a discount -free 1st class insurence for a year - etc .

JB

Hi Tall One

Good luck with your purchase. Keep us informed of the progress, as I too will be buying a Toyota (Vigo) in 4/5 months time. I agree with the last poster;make sure you get EVERY extra you can-pick-up cover-tints-wind deflectors ect ect. Surin informed me that a NEW limited edition 'Exclusive' will be anounced in November! sorry no details known.

BFN

TMWG

Dave :o

I got a great deal from the surin branch, tinted windows, window deflectors, indicator mirrors, pick-up lining. The toyota key fob alarm was extra so I hung on a bit then they threw in a toyota alarm (not in key fob) but an alarm anyway. Great service.

The dealership is on the road from chom phra into surin, 2 minutes from the train station.

John.....

I got a great deal from the surin branch, tinted windows, window deflectors, indicator mirrors, pick-up lining. The toyota key fob alarm was extra so I hung on a bit then they threw in a toyota alarm (not in key fob) but an alarm anyway. Great service.

The dealership is on the road from chom phra into surin, 2 minutes from the train station.

John.....

Yes I agree we got a good deal from the Surin Dealer also.

Edited by JoeInSurin

I bought my Vigo from Andy Wing at Expat motors in Bangkok - the guy who sponsors the cars and automobiles topic on the main Thaivisa site.

The car came with every conceivable extra, carryboy canopy, fully insured and registered. All i had to do was pay him the money and give him my address for rego etc and he called me a couple of days before it was ready to pick up. Not a single hassle. I ordered it by email as i was working in Afghanistan at the time.

Andy also guarantees buy back or trade in and he sells an excellent range of second hand cars. Andy also exports cars to UK, Australia, NZ and other countries that drive on the correct side of the road!!!

Great guy, great deal and thoroughly recommmended.

I get my car serviced in Buri Ram. Full Toyota service at the agency and recorded on the electronic card for less than Bt1,000

Hope this helps someone.

I bought my Vigo from Andy Wing at Expat motors in Bangkok - the guy who sponsors the cars and automobiles topic on the main Thaivisa site.

The car came with every conceivable extra, carryboy canopy, fully insured and registered. All i had to do was pay him the money and give him my address for rego etc and he called me a couple of days before it was ready to pick up. Not a single hassle. I ordered it by email as i was working in Afghanistan at the time.

Andy also guarantees buy back or trade in and he sells an excellent range of second hand cars. Andy also exports cars to UK, Australia, NZ and other countries that drive on the correct side of the road!!!

I get my car serviced in Buri Ram. Full Toyota service at the agency and recorded on the electronic card for less than Bt1,000

Hope this helps someone.

Hi Bicko

I want one of the new Toyota Fortuner "Smart" models but info on them is non existent on the web so I don't even know what comes as standard on the model.

I did in fact ask Expat autos a month or so ago if they had any and at the time they had, but I am in the UK at the moment and will not be back in Thailand until end October so I let it slide. The one thing that put me off was buying in BKK when I live in Buriram Province and after enquiring on the forum consensus of opinion was that buying in BKK and registering in a different province was a pain in the a**e, did you have any problems or are you still on a red plate?

My intention was then to buy in Buriram and I wanted Surin dealers tel no's to get a comparison price to make sure I was not being faranged!! But both dealers now tell me that the model has sold out and none available until Oct or Nov which would suit me.

So can you tell me whether it is a big deal to register in Buriram if not purchased in the province? Also being a pretentious git :o I would like a special reg no, I managed this on my motorcycle which was reg'd in Buriram.

If anyone has any info on the Smart model I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Beware of the Buriram Toyota dealers. I went the other week, got a price on my old car and went back 2 days later to confirm my order. They said they wanted to reinspect my car again. In 2 days the vehicle hadn't changed but their value had. They reduced it's value by 60,000 Baht. As for extras, they offered me 30,000 Bahts worth. I never made the order.

I phoned Korat and they offered me 40,000 Baht of extras. If I didn't want the extras they would reduce the car by that sum. But saying this maybe just a ploy to get me to go in person and then changing the deal. I haven't been yet as their offer is open to the end of the month. By the way I was looking at a Fortuner.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi Bicko

I want one of the new Toyota Fortuner "Smart" models but info on them is non existent on the web so I don't even know what comes as standard on the model.

I did in fact ask Expat autos a month or so ago if they had any and at the time they had, but I am in the UK at the moment and will not be back in Thailand until end October so I let it slide. The one thing that put me off was buying in BKK when I live in Buriram Province and after enquiring on the forum consensus of opinion was that buying in BKK and registering in a different province was a pain in the a**e, did you have any problems or are you still on a red plate?

My intention was then to buy in Buriram and I wanted Surin dealers tel no's to get a comparison price to make sure I was not being faranged!! But both dealers now tell me that the model has sold out and none available until Oct or Nov which would suit me.

So can you tell me whether it is a big deal to register in Buriram if not purchased in the province? Also being a pretentious git :o I would like a special reg no, I managed this on my motorcycle which was reg'd in Buriram.

Thanks

Not a single hassle mate. I bought my car in January 2005. I renewed rego in BKK in 2006 because I was down there at the time and I did it in Chiang Rai this year because we were up there at renewal time. I service my car at the Toyota agency in Lam Plai Mat and they are fantastic. Because my wife and i are away working a fair bit we have only done 40,000 kms in 2 1/2 years but the 4 or 5 services have never cost more than Bt1,000 and they do it while you wait and provide free coffee, TV magazines etc

By the way you can make the rego process easy for your self if you want to - talk to one of the better quality car cleaners/service stations in your town and they will do it for you for 2 or 300 baht.

quote]Not a single hassle mate. I bought my car in January 2005. I renewed rego in BKK in 2006 because I was down there at the time and I did it in Chiang Rai this year because we were up there at renewal time. I service my car at the Toyota agency in Lam Plai Mat and they are fantastic. Because my wife and i are away working a fair bit we have only done 40,000 kms in 2 1/2 years but the 4 or 5 services have never cost more than Bt1,000 and they do it while you wait and provide free coffee, TV magazines etc

By the way you can make the rego process easy for your self if you want to - talk to one of the better quality car cleaners/service stations in your town and they will do it for you for 2 or 300 baht.

Thanks Bicko and to all who replied.

Will rethink my options, anyone got anything else to add?

One of my mates from buriram went to the dealers there for a vigo, he wasn't happy then was in bkk so he walked into a dealers there and drove out the same day. Never had any problems with anything yet and i think his is about two years old now.

If you like I can e.mail him and get you the details....

I have replied vaguely to avoid boredom........

John......

When you buy a new car, how often are you required to take it in to comply with the warranty. Can you take it in to any dealership around Thailand without a problem?
Yes you sure can. When you buy a new car you get a Toyota manual plus a plastic card with an electronic reader on it. Your servicing history is updated onto the card each time you have a service or get some work done. Any Toyota agent is obliged to service your car and update the card.

A good point to keep in mind is that many models of Toyota are manufactured in Thailand and the manual is in Thai. They apparently do not have an English version. I picked one up in Australia at the Toyota headquarters for a HiLux, which is very similar to the Vigo last time I was home. So when you decide which Toyota you will buy go to toyota in your country and get a manual for that model.

There is also a blue registration book issued by the vehicle registration office wherever it is first registered. You need this book to renew rego each year or if the car is sold or change of ownership (or if you have an accident).

Third party insurance is compulsory and can be purchased from independent agents at the registration office where you do your car rego. Alternatively it can be included with your vehicle comprehensive insurance.

Third party insurance covers injury or death for the other party if you have an accident and costs about Bt800 per year. Comprehensive vehicle insurance on a car valued at under Bt1,000,000 is about Bt16,000 for first year with substantial no claim bonuses each year thereafter. I use Kurnia insurance for my 3rd party and comprehensive car insurance and thoroughly recommend them. My wife has had a couple of minor accidents when she was learning to drive and Kurnia have fixed up the small dings and scratches and still give me my no claim bonus.

Hope this helps someone.

By the way fuel running costs for a Vigo at current fuel cost is about Bt1.5 per kilometre

Love my Vigo

When you buy a new car, how often are you required to take it in to comply with the warranty. Can you take it in to any dealership around Thailand without a problem?
Yes you sure can. When you buy a new car you get a Toyota manual plus a plastic card with an electronic reader on it. Your servicing history is updated onto the card each time you have a service or get some work done. Any Toyota agent is obliged to service your car and update the card.

A good point to keep in mind is that many models of Toyota are manufactured in Thailand and the manual is in Thai. They apparently do not have an English version. I picked one up in Australia at the Toyota headquarters for a HiLux, which is very similar to the Vigo last time I was home. So when you decide which Toyota you will buy go to toyota in your country and get a manual for that model.

There is also a blue registration book issued by the vehicle registration office wherever it is first registered. You need this book to renew rego each year or if the car is sold or change of ownership (or if you have an accident).

Third party insurance is compulsory and can be purchased from independent agents at the registration office where you do your car rego. Alternatively it can be included with your vehicle comprehensive insurance.

Third party insurance covers injury or death for the other party if you have an accident and costs about Bt800 per year. Comprehensive vehicle insurance on a car valued at under Bt1,000,000 is about Bt16,000 for first year with substantial no claim bonuses each year thereafter. I use Kurnia insurance for my 3rd party and comprehensive car insurance and thoroughly recommend them. My wife has had a couple of minor accidents when she was learning to drive and Kurnia have fixed up the small dings and scratches and still give me my no claim bonus.

Hope this helps someone.

By the way fuel running costs for a Vigo at current fuel cost is about Bt1.5 per kilometre

Love my Vigo

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps someone.

Hi Bicko

Hi TM

I have got a full page colour Ad about SMART. It looks very good. Got TRM front/back spoiler.Tailgate spoiler. 10 spoke 18in chrome wheels and TRM coil suspension all round. Colours Black or White with Black/Ebony leather. Sorry for short message :D but I will be back in Sussex/Sutton next week for a month - PM/E-Mail and I will get pictures to you.

Kind Regards

Dave :D

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Bicko wrote

A good point to keep in mind is that many models of Toyota are manufactured in Thailand and the manual is in Thai. They apparently do not have an English version.

I asked for a manual in English when ordering my Vigo in Nakhon Phanom, delivered with the car at no extra charge. They are available, might just have to wait a bit though.

Regards

Mr Conrad

Edited by Mr Conrad

Buriram Toyota provided the manual in both English and Thai for a Fortuner two years ago. They did discount the vehicle from the manufacturers sticker price, but darn if it is funny signing a purchase agreement in a language you do not read. I thought the saleslady was joking when she said they also included a Toyota licensed Rickey Martin C.D

Never a hassle with paid service or any free service from this dealership. The owner speaks and understands English very well at Buriram Toyota. They delivered the S.U.V. to our home when I purchased the vehicle in my name. I have happily paid them a 200 baht service fee to go to the Department of Land Transport to pay the annual registration fee. They gave me the price of 4 different Major Insurance Companies that offered First Class Insurance (and the mandatory part) with coverage levels. They did not charge a "service fee" ever to pay by visa credit card for service or Insurance. They provided the insurance coverage for a lower fee than quoted by the Insurance Company if I purchased it direct from the Insurance Company. They also made sure I received the promised "no claim" discount upon annual renewal.

I would add that if you purchase a vehicle for "cash", really a type of "cashiers check or bank type draft" from your bank, I would suggest it be from a Bank in the same City as the auto dealership. It seems they would wait a few days if the "cashiers check" was from a different area, but because my check was from a bank very near the dealership they verified the check on the spot. That was my experience, but this being Thailand your experiences may vary. Now if I could only get them to send any dealership or Toyota letters, coupons or recall notices in ENGLISH.

Bob