Free Calls Uk-thailand

game4shame

looks like UK mobile companies are catching on to access numbers.

just got a text through on my O2 UK phone:

''from 28 sept calls starting with certain numbers eg 0844 & 0845 will be charged outside your incl. mins. & cost 20p/min. details at www.o2.co.uk/specialnumbers''

:o

they are companies doing a regular "07" numbers to mobile and than connecting you through the net to anywhere in the world - I would think they are payed back by the mobile companies. I haven't used them for sometimes, as I don't want to use my 500 free minutes on my mobile - keeping those minutes for calls to mobiles within the UK.

for international calls I use voipdiscount.com - which gives 300 minutes per week of free calls (including thai mobiles) and after 1 pence per minute

for international calls I use voipdiscount.com - which gives 300 minutes per week of free calls (including thai mobiles) and after 1 pence per minute

UK numbers starting with 844, 845, 870, 871 have never been cheap nor free neither in Skype nor voipdiscount. The charge differs a bit, but I know from experience that voipdiscount charges 4 eurocent per minute for calling UK 845-numbers.

Edited by Cyberstar

''from 28 sept calls starting with certain numbers eg 0844 & 0845 will be charged outside your incl. mins. & cost 20p/min. details at www.o2.co.uk/specialnumbers''

They stopped it on new contracts back in April.

I think these VOIP companies will change the method they use to collect funds from calls, currently they get part of the 0844 0845 premium as payment, perhaps after these changes they will offer normal phone numbers to mobile users and charge a subscription, a bit more hassle but still possible.

They stopped it on new contracts back in April.

correct. now they are nailing the current contracts too.

would be interesting to know how orange and vodafone are approaching it.