Wrong Date At Don Muang

I was given an extra 365 days on returning to Thailand using my Non B re-entry permit. I now have a total of 465 days until it expires. If they make a mistake is it my problem if I over stay the day it should be or is it Thai immigration's problem?

If you stay more than 90 days without leaving or going to immigration they will make it your problem. They made the same mistake for me a couple of years ago and I had to pay fees to have it corrected at soi suan plu...

Don't mess with immigration, go down there and have them correct the stamp for you.

My opinion: if immigrations makes a mistake on an entry stamp and you are a newbie to Thailand, you could probably skate by pleading ignorance with a smile. In your case with a re-entry permit where the new entry stamp's expiration date doesn't match up, I'd be much more wary about trying to get over on immigrations with this mistake. They'll know that you should know better. :o

I agree with KA12345.

Visit immigration with a big smile on your face and ask,

"Did you really mean this?

They will probably have laugh as well.

But get it fixed now

From the Thai Immigration Division 3 official websiste:

If the point of entry was Bangkok International Airport: Please report to the officer on duty at Room 519, 5th Floor, Old Building, Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, Sathorn District, Bangkok. Tel. 287-3101-10 Ext. 2191

Bring copy of your original flight ticket , boarding card slip or other travel document to show the date/flight of your entry. The officer on duty will make the necessary entries/corrections in your passport.

Source: http://www.imm3.police.go.th/eng/noentrystamp.htm

It's generally a good idea to check your entry stamp prior to leaving the immigrations area. I've had a few instances where the wrong expiration date was applied at Don Muang (although the wrong date has never been in my favour). It's really easy to straighten this out while still at immigrations.

When you buy your six-pack at the local store, you check your change before leaving the counter. Do the same when passing through the immigration counter, CHECK YOUR DATES.

Rickman, legally, they give you a wrong permit, it is your mistake :o

Why? You applied for a re-entry permission. In this application you gave all details of your present stay and asked for the permission to leave and come back and still stay until the expiry of the original-date. (I don't have the form with me at the moment, but read it from top to bottom and you willo find, it's true)

Now knowing that you applied to be re-entered and to stay until date .... it becomes your duty to inform the office of any mistake You don't do and you are intentionally mis-using a unintented mistake.

If you change it later at the immigration office, no problem and they do it free of charge. (But you pay for taxi or bus/Skytrain etc. and your time)