Server Hosting (dedicated)?

nullx8

does anyone knows current offers for servers (not virtual machines)

payable in thai baht or by a internet way with residence in thailand ??

location is not important for now ..

OR either a hosting plan with shell-access ...

thanks alot .. ;-)

Hi.

Dedicated servers range in price from a low around US$170 per month for a managed server (somebody other end to help out)

The higher specification of the box the higher the price. 170 would get you a Pentium iV with a Gig RAM and 80 Gig HDD, enough for a basic setup.

You can get unmanaged servers a little cheaper but you have to take care yourself.

The only efficient way to pay is via credit card, other methods from inside Thailand take too long and cost too much.

Virtual Dedi servers are even cheaper, but not such a good idea as you never really know how many other systems are running on the same box. Virtualization allows setup of as many servers as you want on one box, some companies really push that to the limit.

A real dedicated server is best, a managed one is a good idea.

Linux/UNIX machines are very good and reliable. Windoze Servers are more expensive and are also reliable enough.

I would go for Linux using Apache web server, mySQL database and PHP script language.

Such systems come with easy enough to use "control panels".

I think the best is the WHM / cPanel system, keep that in mind.

Generally speaking, IMHO the fastest, cheapest, most reliable servers are located in continental USA.

I can provide a lot more info and even maybe offer you a good solution if you want more info PM me, I work in this industry.

Cheers