Baht Bus Prices.............a Letter....................

libya 115

btw...I live here for 10 years and since the day I arrived people tell me that I'll get shot any time soon. So far not even a fist fight... :o

/edit: thinking about it.....even Weho is still alive...does this prove my theory? :D

It'll only take one shot to cure your foolhardiness.

:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SOURCE: Pattaya Mail Mailbag: Friday 17th August 2007

Time to raise baht bus fares

Dear Editor,

As the cost of fuel and living rise in Thailand, the cost of riding a baht bus remains at the same rate. How are baht bus drivers supposed to support themselves and their families? It is high time that baht bus fares be raised to reasonable rate that will reflect out current economic times. 15 baht per trip would be realistic. This is a pittance to most tourists and would hopefully lead to better service.

Yours,

Bill Turner

Los Angeles, CA USA

What do you think? I pay ten baht per trip to avoid hassle, if locals can get away with 5 baht, good luck to them, but 15 baht per trip might be a problem...............

I pay 5 for very short, 10 for longer, 20 for a lot longer. In 7 years I've maybe had a problem twice and another 5 has fixed that.

Wonder what "better service" Mr. Bill Turner is envisiging?

That's broadly what I pay, though I seldom take the bus for a very short journey so most of the time I'm paying 10 baht. I live in View Talay 2, so regard Central Road as the point beyond which I will pay 20 baht. I did actually get 10 baht change once - :o .

There was a request for an increase in the fares a year or two ago, but the City Council refused to allow it.

I can 100% guarantee that if the standard fare was increased to 15 baht, 20 baht would be the real norm unless you had the exact money.

Alan