Location Of A Rubbish Dump In Chiang Mai?

bloody tiger

I know the topic of rubbish has been discussed in various forums but I have been unable to find the answer to this question so I am turning to you, the enlightened brethren of Thai Visa, to help me solve this Thai eqation.

I live in Doi Saket but closer to the city than to the amphur. I have asked a lot of people where i can go to "legally" dump rubbish. These people include nieghbours, poo yai barn, dtumbon obador(sunpooloei), cops, businesses and so on......the most common answers are

"there is no rubbish service here"(drrrrrr)

"we will be getting a rubbish service next year"(yep, that helps, just hold onto my rubbish for a year or more)

"dig a hole" (done that a few times already)

"no have" (common response)

One police officer suggested "take it into the city to the rear entrance of a big hotel and leave it with their rubbish" !!!

and the classic answer was "4 bottles of Acha beer for 100" (didn't help me much but i bought the 4 bottles) :D

There's plenty of other areas that have a rubbish removal service, so there must be rubbish tips somewhere. So if anyone knows of a rubbish tip in doi saket, meuang, sansai, sunkumpang or ANYWHERE in chiang mai, please let me know

watch out 4 da drop bears,

The bloodied tiger AKA acha convert :o

Edited by bloody tiger

I know the topic of rubbish has been discussed in various forums but I have been unable to find the answer to this question so I am turning to you, the enlightened brethren of Thai Visa, to help me solve this Thai eqation.

What's "rubbish"? ... Around here, we put whatever we don't want out in the gutter in the evening. Throughout the next 4-6 hours various entrepreneurs come buy, search the "rubbish" and pick out some valuables. Of course, whatever is made of material directly saleable to a recycler is hauled by the first 1-3 pickers coming by, but nevertheless - I've seen the 5.th. or 6.th. guy searching my garbage and picking out some item to tuck inside his own bags. I sort of think that anything but rotten food and other nature created substance provides income for someone, who knows were to sell it.

Whatever is left - regardless of size - is picked up by the municipal garbage collectors around 5 in the morning - provided it is situated INSIDE some garbage bags.

Thanks cyber, but unfortunately there is no municipal garbage collectors where i'm at (they say next year maybe!) and thus I'm trying to find out where THOSE municipal garbo collectors, of which you speak, dump their collected trash, ie. the rubbish dump.

Agree 100 % about the foragers, it is the same all over thailand and indeed throughout asia and many other parts of the world. Unfortunately none of them seem to keen on trying to onsell our rugrats soiled daipers :D

......for virtually everything else we are able to recycle or throw onto the compost, but i'm left with a full sized plastic bag full of daipers about once a fortnight. Other than dumping it in someone else's gutter, I hoping someone knows where a rubish tip is............ :o

Thanks cyber, but unfortunately there is no municipal garbage collectors where i'm at (they say next year maybe!) and thus I'm trying to find out where THOSE municipal garbo collectors, of which you speak, dump their collected trash, ie. the rubbish dump.

Agree 100 % about the foragers, it is the same all over thailand and indeed throughout asia and many other parts of the world. Unfortunately none of them seem to keen on trying to onsell our rugrats soiled daipers :D

......for virtually everything else we are able to recycle or throw onto the compost, but i'm left with a full sized plastic bag full of daipers about once a fortnight. Other than dumping it in someone else's gutter, I hoping someone knows where a rubish tip is............ :o

there probably are no garbage collectors since most used to burn off whatever they couldnt re-use or recycle, but dont you dare smoke that sh*t :D

The bloodied tiger AKA acha convert :o

1st choice:

Wrap the trash in nice gift wrapping, put them in the back seat of your car with the windows open, and park the car near Chiang Mai Gate and go and have lunch. When you return, the packages will be gone.

2nd choice:

Put the garbage inside a mid sized cardboard box, sealed well. Make a sign that reads;

'Still works well, but a bit scratched. 500 baht.' and tape to the box.

Put the box out on the sidewalk or on the roadside. It should disapear in a day or so.

Hi CM folks,

I'm away from CM but will be back in 2 months' time.

I have a kitchen cabinet rotting with mildew on the underside.

If i put it outside, will the garbage collectors help to dispose it?

Or do i have to cart it away? I doubt they have space in their garbage filled lorry.

Cheers!