This is thailand at its best

Brian

Brian

So you have arrived at Bangkok Inter,Airport...

Thai Airways BUS from the AIRPORT to PATTAYA.

I have used this service and found it GOOD VALUE and Quick.

They also do a limo service.

Airport to Pattaya  

One Way  - 200 Baht per person

Round Trip- 400 Baht per person  

Schedule Departure Time for Bus, Microbus:

Airport to Pattaya  

0900 AM

1200 AM

0700 PM

Pattaya to Airport  

0630 AM

0200 PM

0630 PM

http://www.thaiair.com/thailand/limousine/fares.htm

The main other way of doing the trip is take the AIRPORT Bus No 3 to EKAMAI Bus Station for Bt.100 (with reductions)and then the regular Bus to the Northern Bus Station at Pattaya for 90Bt.

when inside Bangkok use the Skytrain with NO double pricing on fares.

Skytrain Route Map & List of Stations

http://angkor.com/2bangkok/Skytrain/BTSMain2.shtml

:cool:

OKAY.... Hotels.... Depends on what you want.... I pay 800 B a nite for my hotel in Sukhumvit.... and it has everything I want... A/C... Double bed, Cable T.V.  Shower..  Phone.  Free Bkfst.  Near some good pubs etc...

Next, MP... probably 1500B... Recommend Annies between soi 4 and 3, off Sukhumvit Road.  Near NANA Hotel.  2 Hours.

Traditional Thai Massage.... Recommend the bottom (basement) of Times Square Building (near soi 19) on SUKHUMVIT Road.  250B for foot (1 Hr), 250 B for Trad Thai Massage.  Also, try the oil massage....

Night Club.... Gulliver's on Soi.... 5???  New club... lots of ladies.....  S/T for Freelancer... 1000B

Need anything else???

Again the subject of Hotels, Boring i know, I'm sorry OK !! But every time i'm in Bangers i stay on Soi Kasensom opp National Stadium, and of course as Khun Wifey likes to shop !!!! 3 mins walk to MBK centre...Rooms OK recently updated with cable TV/Phone/A/C, quite swanky Cafe/Bar & Decent size Pool........850 Baht per night + Bkfst based on Double Bed with a single for our young son nice big rooms, quite comfortable...But the price may have increased since last time as it's been nearly one year...   ??? Ummm Freebies errrrrrr i went to a talent contest near the MBK centre once !!entrance was FREE ! I was given a plate of Khaw Phat (FREE) the performers were crap........then it started to piss down....but it was FREE.........Land of the Free !!!    :laugh:

I went to a free beauty contest  :D - ladies and then kids in traditional Thai costumes on the top floor of Central last May (been in the UK since then). It was free, but completely unadverstised - even so it was packed to the nines (I was the the only farang) and completely in Thai - with a very fat guy doing the intros on stage. One off though I suppose, but probably can dig this sort of stuff out of a local nang-suur-pim.

Whilst talking about places to go. I always used to take my visiting relatives to Nong-Nook Park (Pattaya); and was allways a little depressed with the treatment fo the animals there. Last time I went, I was discusted to see one of the keepers battering an old de-toothed, de-clawed, tiger over the head with a rock - in full view of the tourists! I mean he was really hitting it - you could hear the crack with each strike. After shouting at him to stop (or something along that line) he laughed and dragged the poor thing to its cage smiling all the way and shouting to his compatriates so they could share the joke. They also charge about 10 times the Thai entrance fee for the show there too. So, in the strongest terms, don't go there - I never will again. :o

Cheers,

califdann

What's the name of the "800 B a nite for my hotel in Sukhumvit.... and it has everything I want... A/C... Double bed, Cable T.V.  Shower..  Phone.  Free Bkfst.  Near some good pubs etc...800 Baht hotel on Sukhumvit" that you mentioned?  Sounds familiar.