Buriram To Surin/prasat

Nhscotsman

Hi,

I am looking into flying to Buriram from BKK and I was curious what options I have to get from the airport in Buriram to the Farang Connection or to Surin?

The owner of the Farang Connection has a service in which I can hire a car and a driver to get me to Prasat from his establishment which I'm wanting to see anyway, but I was curious what was available for taxi's from Buriram to Surin and how far it actually is. The owner of the Farang Connection has been great answering questions for me just as you people have, but I didn't want to message him again.

I haven't actually decided on flying as of yet, I have had some very nice people mention going by train, but the 4am arrival time is putting me off a little bit and I have done the Surin to BKK by bus route before too and though it wasn't bad, 8 hours on a bus is a long ride. So someone mentioned flying but they didn't know about getting to Surin once I landed at Buriram. Also, does PD Airlines fly out of Don Mueang or out of the new airport? I'm guess Don Mueang where it is a domestic flight, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for the help,

Nhscotsman

Edited by Nhscotsman

Hi,

I am looking into flying to Buriram from BKK and I was curious what options I have to get from the airport in Buriram to the Farang Connection or to Surin?

The owner of the Farang Connection has a service in which I can hire a car and a driver to get me to Prasat from his establishment which I'm wanting to see anyway, but I was curious what was available for taxi's from Buriram to Surin and how far it actually is. The owner of the Farang Connection has been great answering questions for me just as you people have, but I didn't want to message him again.

I haven't actually decided on flying as of yet, I have had some very nice people mention going by train, but the 4am arrival time is putting me off a little bit and I have done the Surin to BKK by bus route before too and though it wasn't bad, 8 hours on a bus is a long ride. So someone mentioned flying but they didn't know about getting to Surin once I landed at Buriram. Also, does PD Airlines fly out of Don Mueang or out of the new airport? I'm guess Don Mueang where it is a domestic flight, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for the help,

Nhscotsman

Hi

First of all PB air flies out of the new airport. Also it does not fly every day.

But have you thought of getting a taxi from BKK to Surin. Door to door for about 3,500-4,000 baht. Not as quick but can't be much in it by the time you take getting to & from the airports into account. You also get the opportunity to stop and stretch your legs whereand when YOU want to.

Just an idea :o

TBWG :D

You might consider the train. I have taken the "Express" train from BKK, Hua Lamphong station at around 9:00 in the morning to Buriram, arrive at around 16:00 for under 400 baht first class. I think the train goes to Surin too, although not sure. Just go down to the train station a day or two before you want to go and get a ticket.

It's a pleasant journey, a good way to check out the country side. You can buy a lunch and drink half way, but take some food and water.

If the PB Air flight is still running I highly recommend it, the plane is a little concorde type of jet. Far better than the turbo-prop job from phuket airlines in days gone by. On the other hand I strongly recommend the night train to surin (sleeper class) as it gets you there bright and early in the morning. Then you can catch a tuk-tuk or sam law to the bus station to visit the FC (if that isn't open then there are a couple of watering holes next to the bus concourse).

I wouldn't take to much notice of surinmike as he normally has some mug of a mate drive to bkk the day before he arrives then pick him up at the airport (where he is pissed) and taxi him back to his dwellings,stopping at a petrol station to stock up on leo, soda and M150 for his duty free whisky, (26 hours straight), dropping in at the FC for a liverner (or finisher offer) on the way of course.

John

Edited by johnsurin

Hi,

Thanks for the help,

Nhscotsman

Hi

First of all PB air flies out of the new airport. Also it does not fly every day.

But have you thought of getting a taxi from BKK to Surin. Door to door for about 3,500-4,000 baht. Not as quick but can't be much in it by the time you take getting to & from the airports into account. You also get the opportunity to stop and stretch your legs whereand when YOU want to.

Just an idea :o

TBWG :D

Hi,

Actually I was thinking the same thing. By the time I pay to get into the airport, then the airline ticket fare, then paying for a cab to Surin from Buriram and then to my GF's home in Prasat, I'm going to be paying more than 4,000 baht. I'm no even sure I can get a ###### cab to Prasat anyway. The owner of the Farang Connection said he will take me home for a fare, but then it's an issue of hoping he can do it once I get there.

I looked into the train and again, it's an issue of getting a taxi from Surin to my house. Where I'm surpising my fiancee, it's not like I can call her from Surin and tell her to come get me with her uncles truck. So I am forced to look into a good option and on a positive note too, I can leave early for Prasat and get there later in the morning.

Our 4 year old little boy is in school and I can go and pick him up at school at 4pm and he will be soooooo excited to see me after being in the states for the past 3 1/2 months.

Thanks for the advice..........it's VERY much appreciated!

Nhscotsman

You can get a v.i.p. mini bus from surin bus station to prasat but then only have motorbike taxi to get to wherever you are going. Or I'm sure Martin can organize a ride for you also if you no any of the locals I'm sure they would help. Unfortuanatley I am not there at present or I would have been happy to have given you a ride, as the wife's village is in prasat.....

Sorry, but good luck on your journey anyway.....

John

• 11 months later...

If you can afford it get the plane the less time you spend on thai roads the better the route 24 (ubon road) that you will take to prasat is the worst in Thailand for fatal accidents. The busses just drive stright at you and depending on the time of year you could be stuck behind a convoy of sugar cain lorries doing 20 km/ph down the centre of the road.

I've also heard that some of the major route's to the north east have been blocked due to the recent political demonstrations

You'll get a taxi from Buri Ram airport to Prasat for about 1500 baht there are loads outside.

A friend of mine has a little resort in Prasat if you're looking for somewhere to stay it's got a descent pool air con rooms and high speed wireless hotspot.

www.leelaprasat.com

Liam

I am currently in Chiang Mai but I have a place in Prasat. I traveled from Suvarnabhumi to Prasat once a month for over a year. I did this with the help of my brother in law(s) or their cousin who all are taxi drivers in BKK. I could have probably got some favoritism since I am related but I elected to pay whoever took me 4,000 baht as I knew it was a good supplement to their normal income. The drive will take about 5 to 6 hours depending on what time of day you go. I always left at around midnight (when my flight arrived) and they drove throughout the night while I slept. (Much less traffic during those hours.) I think the quickest that we ever made it was in a little over 4 hours.

If you are interested PM me and I'll see if one of them might accommodate your needs.