Water Pump For A Well

Beardog

Thanks for the help in feasability of watering with feeder tube help!!!!

I want to place my water pump inside the top portion of the well I have dug. it has 3 meters of unused space.

I was thinking of mounting the pump inside the last meter within the well, with a set of double locks ,so the possible thieves might be thwarted till we actually move on the property.

The question I have is will the humidity affect the pump if I put it within the well? Is there a way if it will to shield it with rubber & put more holes for the humidity to air out. I have selected the 300 watt mitsibishi(water stable pump).

Thanks again & hats off to all the reliable help I am receiving from this forum.......To You!!!!!!

Beardog, bit of a dificult question you have posed here, but perhaps the following will help?

I have a manual for a Hitachi "stable water pump" is it right that the pump starts to maintain pressure in the outllet lines and stops when sufficient pressure is reached? If so, it might prove expensive with electricity unless you fit a timer,

That aside, my manual does show diagrams of the pump in a fully enclosed box, which brings me to question 1, does your well protrude above ground, ie is it made from concrete rings?if so, it should be possible to mount your pump inside, Personally, i would make a hole 4in dia in the ring and buy some suction proof tubing to run from the outside to the back of the pump motor, with some fine mesh to stop small animals entering, I would think this could be done also if pump is below ground level, Cooler dryer air to the pump motor will enhance its life ect.

Earlier this year, we had a new borehole pump and piping done on the farm, when it was all done, it stood out like a sore thumb from the roadway 40ft away, so i painted all the pipes ect dark green, it blends in so well, even i have a job to spot it from the road!!, Perhaps a quick growing plant like squash or water melon planted around your well top will give sun cover and camoflage at the same time.

Ok Beardog, hope my comments and tips are useful to you, now ive started the ball rolling, perhaps some more experinced farmer/pump people will join in, Thankyou, Lickey.