Dependent Child 1 Yr Extension

There is a Thai Wife 1 yr extension to Non Imm O Visa

Is there one for having a dependent Thai child with a Thai wife ?

If so, what are the requirements for money, income, certificate proofs ?

Same as for a Thai Wife Visa Ext perhaps ?

Anyone here have such a Visa Extension ?

Thanks

There is no provision for support of a child under the new laws (and indeed wife is not support anymore but is family income).

There is a provision for those over age 50 to live with a Thai child (no financial requirements) to be taken care of in there old age.

If you have a Thai wife you can avail yourself of the normal Thai wife extension by meeting the 40k per month family income.

:D:DThere is no provision for support of a child under the new laws (and indeed wife is not support anymore but is family income). :D:D

In English does that mean i can get my imm "o" extended to one year if i am 35, married and have a Thai child without any financial proof? :o

Edited by justaphase

:D:DThere is no provision for support of a child under the new laws (and indeed wife is not support anymore but is family income). :D:D

In English does that mean i can get my imm "o" extended to one year if i am 35, married and have a Thai child without any financial proof? :o

Up to 50 years old, the extension will be considerred because you have a Thai wife not because you have a Thai child

The requirement is to have a monthly income between you and your wife of 40k per month

As Krub said the answer to your question is no as you are under 50.

Well apparently there is some provision for the foreign/alien parent of a child born in Thailand [who is therefore a Thai National/Citizen] to get a 1 year Visa Extension to a Non Imm O. Lots of confusion here but it seems to be true.

What is more I have one.

See this thread, especially beginning around the middle of page 2.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104527

Note;

According to this thread,

1/ You do not need to be married to the Thai woman.

2/ You need not show any proof of income or money in the bank [altho it sure will help]

3/ You need to have your name on the Child's Birth Certificate, Presumably in Thai

4/ You must be 50years of age. Under 50 is not acceptable as they do not want aliens

fathering children just to be able to stay in Thailand.

OK having just read that section of the act am I correct in assuming_

1.That if you are over 50

2.married

3.have a child from that marriage

You can get a 1 year visa with out showing funds ?

AND

IF you have a child under 20 yo even if your wife had child before you met

1. can you legally adopt that child with in the marriage

and apply for this visa?

OK having just read that section of the act am I correct in assuming_

1.That if you are over 50

2.married

3.have a child from that marriage

You can get a 1 year visa with out showing funds ?

AND

IF you have a child under 20 yo even if your wife had child before you met

1. can you legally adopt that child with in the marriage

and apply for this visa?

Yes

and

Yes

Um. Thanks for the info. So if I made 40k (which i do) i can get a 1 year visa?

But i get a one year anyway with a work permit.. :o

Thailand doesnt make sense. Ever.

:D:D So can i go to England, sign on the dole (with child support for my daughter and a two bedroom flat free)) and have my wife do the visa run thing every 6 months? :D:D

Seriously can i get child support?

I think I am missing something here! If all posts are true...what is the 'denomination'/'category' of the 1 Year Visa ??

We are not talking about visas - we are talking about extensions of stay for one year. In this case it is authorized by Police Order 606/2006 as below

7.17 In case of the foreign

national is the member of

the Thai national’s family

Um. Thanks for the info. So if I made 40k (which i do) i can get a 1 year visa?

But i get a one year anyway with a work permit.. :o

Thailand doesnt make sense. Ever.

:D:D So can i go to England, sign on the dole (with child support for my daughter and a two bedroom flat free)) and have my wife do the visa run thing every 6 months? :D:D

Seriously can i get child support?

But if you get fired you have 7 days to leave the country on a work extension of stay - with the family extension you would be safe until the next extension required.

Do not believe you will get wife into UK without proving housing available and you do not need to be on the dole.

Well apparently there is some provision for the foreign/alien parent of a child born in Thailand [who is therefore a Thai National/Citizen] to get a 1 year Visa Extension to a Non Imm O. Lots of confusion here but it seems to be true.

What is more I have one.

See this thread, especially beginning around the middle of page 2.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104527

Note;

According to this thread,

1/ You do not need to be married to the Thai woman.

2/ You need not show any proof of income or money in the bank [altho it sure will help]

3/ You need to have your name on the Child's Birth Certificate, Presumably in Thai

4/ You must be 50years of age. Under 50 is not acceptable as they do not want aliens

fathering children just to be able to stay in Thailand.

One addition to this list of requirements is [altho I am not certain about this]

5/ You must be living with the child