And Finally.. Finally.. Another Weho Thread

Mobi

Last January I splashed out about 60K at SB furniture on Sukhumvit to refurnish the Mobi Office.

I got a lot of nice looking stuff for my 60k and I have been very satisfied.

Satisfied with everything.. that is.. except my executive office chair - one of those swish pseudo leather items with a high back and 5 wheels. (In keeping with the Mobi Mansion :D ).

Problem is, after one month one of the wheels broke off, and last month a second wheel disintegrated. The only reason I didn't take it back months ago was sheer laziness.

So today I loaded it in the back of the Mobi-mobile and took it down to SB.

Can they fix it?

Sure, no problem - it'll cost you 800 Baht.

But it's only 7 months old, and one of the wheels broke off when it was 1 month old.

We provide no guarantees with our furniture.

So even if it all falls apart the day after we take delivery, you won't replace it free of charge?

Correct.

They didn't say it, but I guess caviat emptor applies.

I paid the 800 Baht, bought another chair and went on my way.

Life's too short to get too upset :o

There are quite a few things I feel you didn't do right. First, you acknowledged you waited... the longer you wait before complaining, the less chance of resolution.

I would have had them get the big boss from Bangkok on the phone... but really, seven months is really stretching the limit of when you should expect them to fix it, if there is no guarantee. And quite frankly, you really don't have the right to tell them "it broke after one month", then bring it in 7 months later. Regardless, I would have told the BIG BOSS that you weren't buying some schlock chair from one of those open-air mega furniture places, and you expect them to stand by what they sell... I would say "EVEN IF IT BROKE A YEAR LATER..." I would tell this boss that if they DON'T stand-by what they sell, you are going to post this story on THAI VISA, and relay it to other farangs, and tell the boss that people DO read this, and people WILL remember...

At a minimum, the next time any reader of this thread buys a chair or furniture, or maybe anything else, they will check out and compare their guarantee to other stores.

I had an office chair wheel break off, well after any warranty period... i bought a replacement pack I think at Home Pro for like 120 baht... not sure if that would have worked for you.

But I disagree... life is too short NOT to get upset... you SHOULD be angry at their stupidity in losing a customer... we all know, had they FIXED the chair, you might have been extra appreciative, and been a customer for life... and even posted a POSITIVE story here, that would help get them MORE customers.

And getting upset in a store can be entertaining... and I always enjoy the little problems more than the big obvious stuff... you should see my in action... sometimes it's pretty entertaining.

I love complainers. They make the world a better place. I can't stand people that just say, "ah, it was only 80 baht, forget it..." Those people are to blame for most of the world's misery.

Added: I just want to add that my new spinning avatar is truly annoying... I can't stand it... it's so effective!

Edited by Weho

There are quite a few things I feel you didn't do right. First, you acknowledged you waited... the longer you wait before complaining, the less chance of resolution.

I would have had them get the big boss from Bangkok on the phone... but really, seven months is really stretching the limit of when you should expect them to fix it, if there is no guarantee. And quite frankly, you really don't have the right to tell them "it broke after one month", then bring it in 7 months later. Regardless, I would have told the BIG BOSS that you weren't buying some schlock chair from one of those open-air mega furniture places, and you expect them to stand by what they sell... I would say "EVEN IF IT BROKE A YEAR LATER..." I would tell this boss that if they DON'T stand-by what they sell, you are going to post this story on THAI VISA, and relay it to other farangs, and tell the boss that people DO read this, and people WILL remember...

At a minimum, the next time any reader of this thread buys a chair or furniture, or maybe anything else, they will check out and compare their guarantee to other stores.

I had an office chair wheel break off, well after any warranty period... i bought a replacement pack I think at Home Pro for like 120 baht... not sure if that would have worked for you.

But I disagree... life is too short NOT to get upset... you SHOULD be angry at their stupidity in losing a customer... we all know, had they FIXED the chair, you might have been extra appreciative, and been a customer for life... and even posted a POSITIVE story here, that would help get them MORE customers.

And getting upset in a store can be entertaining... and I always enjoy the little problems more than the big obvious stuff... you should see my in action... sometimes it's pretty entertaining.

I love complainers. They make the world a better place. I can't stand people that just say, "ah, it was only 80 baht, forget it..." Those people are to blame for most of the world's misery.

Added: I just want to add that my new spinning avatar is truly annoying... I can't stand it... it's so effective!

Weho, I'm sorry to tell you this but my friends are asking if I am you!

Problem here in LOS farangs are afraid that if they complain they will get SHOT or the DOG POISONED, or the CAR SCRATCHED.

I wish I could tell you my latest complaining episode but can't. Too many people will say OMG, we suspected but now we know! About my last confrontation my friends said "You DIDN'T!!" I most certainly did and if I had not got the instant corrective response to something I paid a lot of money for I would have taken it right to the head noggin - even tho' it was the middle of the night - AND I would have reported it on TV.

As you say where would the world be without complainers!!

Yes... those who DON'T complain are responsible for most of the world's problems. I especially hate the ones that say things like, "oh, it was only ten baht...", as if they decide FOR THE REST OF US, what we should or should not complain about... and as if it has anything to do with the amount of the theft... it's about being an honorable person... those that are silent are ENCOURAGING theft and stealing.

Being a non-complainer/co-conspirator is a slap in the face to decent people. Non-complainers are the lowest form of vermin on the planet.

Well just to state where I stand in this grand debate.

In LOS I am far more of an observer and an amused reporter than I am a complainer.

This is little or no point in complaining if if isn't going to do any good, and as Tammi says, it might even get you shot!

When you have been coming to, and living in Thailand as long as I have, my dear Weho, you will learn that a farang complaining about service in LOS is about as effective as trying to persuade a Pattaya whore to give you money to take care of your ageing donkey back in the home country.

LOS is what it is, and while I would never say 'if you don't like it, go back to where you come from', I would suggest that you learn to accept that it is truly a third world country with no real aspirations to change to anything different. An attitude of 'live and let live' will give you far more peace of mind and happiness (to say nothing of lowering your blood pressure), than going round banging your head on anything and everything that doesn't meet your exacting western standards of service and product reliability.

Let's face it - you ain't gonna change nothin' :o

In LOS I am far more of an observer and an amused reporter than I am a complainer.

This is little or no point in complaining if if isn't going to do any good, and as Tammi says, it might even get you shot!

When you have been coming to, and living in Thailand as long as I have, my dear Weho, you will learn that a farang complaining about service in LOS is about as effective as trying to persuade a Pattaya whore to give you money to take care of your ageing donkey back in the home country.

LOS is what it is, and while I would never say 'if you don't like it, go back to where you come from', I would suggest that you learn to accept that it is truly a third world country with no real aspirations to change to anything different. An attitude of 'live and let live' will give you far more peace of mind and happiness (to say nothing of lowering your blood pressure), than going round banging your head on anything and everything that doesn't meet your exacting western standards of service and product reliability.

I make a big distinction between stores that cater mostly to Thais, AND the expensive, overpriced ones that cater mostly to farangs. If I'm going to pay farang/western prices, I'm going to demand farang/western service.

And the satisfaction I get from TEACHING Thais, is worth more than any perceived short-term aggrivation I may get.

I'm a giver.

I make a big distinction between stores that cater mostly to Thais, AND the expensive, overpriced ones that cater mostly to farangs. If I'm going to pay farang/western prices, I'm going to demand farang/western service.

And the satisfaction I get from TEACHING Thais, is worth more than any perceived short-term aggrivation I may get.

I'm a giver.

OH my god!!!!!!!!!,the fact that we have someone like you teaching Thais makes me so sad for the Thais that are MOST unfortunate to get you as a teacher. You are so in your own sad world its about time, as in the other post of yours you have been tagged as a troll. I hope that your sorry students don't think all farang are the same as you. And yes it is sad to whinge and whine over 10 baht, ITS ONLY 10 BAHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes... those who DON'T complain are responsible for most of the world's problems. I especially hate the ones that say things like, "oh, it was only ten baht...", as if they decide FOR THE REST OF US, what we should or should not complain about... and as if it has anything to do with the amount of the theft... it's about being an honorable person... those that are silent are ENCOURAGING theft and stealing.

Being a non-complainer/co-conspirator is a slap in the face to decent people. Non-complainers are the lowest form of vermin on the planet.

I agree! :o

OH my god!!!!!!!!!,the fact that we have someone like you teaching Thais makes me so sad for the Thais that are MOST unfortunate to get you as a teacher. You are so in your own sad world its about time, as in the other post of yours you have been tagged as a troll. I hope that your sorry students don't think all farang are the same as you. And yes it is sad to whinge and whine over 10 baht, ITS ONLY 10 BAHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it -- you're complaining about weho's right to complain! weho is a legend here, and you're nothing. i have learned more from weho's life lessons here than at school. i am proud to have weho as a life coach and life teacher. what have you ever done for anyone!

I'm a giver.

Hear, Hear!!!!

There are many farangs who have complained on this forum about services at a particular medical establishment. I wonder if they ever complained to the Executive Director or any other head noggin there?

I love it -- you're complaining about weho's right to complain! weho is a legend here, and you're nothing. i have learned more from weho's life lessons here than at school. i am proud to have weho as a life coach and life teacher. what have you ever done for anyone!

We worship weho.

10 baht is TEN BAHT! :o

We provide no guarantees with our furniture

Thailand still got a lot to learn there.

I finally found my dream motorbike (been renting for a year now) and after getting the 20% discount from the lady I finally agree to buy it.

But since this is a 140.000 bath bike, I really would like a short test drive before I pay.

"Sorry mistar - no test dive!"

Ok, but can you at least turn on the engine to I can hear it run?

"Sorry mistar - can nooot!"

Ok, then what guarantee do you have on the motorbike?

"Sorry mistar - no guarantee!"

Ehm, are you kidding?

"No guarantee - you get bike cheap cheap"

So if I buy the bike, and it wont start or it breaks apart when I sit on it, then what?

"Then it your problem mistar - but if engine fail you bring back and we fix"

For how long? Can I get that in writing?

"Sorry mistar - can nooot!"

Ehhh... lady, how many bikes have you sold the last 6 months?

"No sell mistar - low season"

You blaim low season for this? :o - Bai Lao :D

(ohh and if you dont believe me, go to the motor bike store across TOT on 3rd Road near Pattaya Klang cross)