Joy Of Joys!

Hi,

I have spent my last 3.5 years in LOS riding a Honda VFR400. I am now living in Sydney and what am I most excited about? The Harbour bridge? The opera house? Relatively sane women?

Nope - It's the huge choice of motor bikes available to buy!

It's great - I walked around many bike shops with bug eyes - VTR SP-2, GSX-R1000, Dukes, RSV Mille's... ahhh, lovely.

Getting a 'big bike' in LOS was really tricky (and pricey) that I've forgotten what it was like to live in a country with all these gorgeous machines.

However, one thing that I totally overlooked - I don't have a vaild license for Oz!!! I never bothered getting a license in LOS. You have to wait 24 months with a learner license (restricted to around 600cc) before going for a full one... so my dream of a Firstorm SP-2 is going to have to wait. Som Nam Naa!

Ho-hum, seems I'll have to ride a VFR agin for another 2 years!

James

Cant see where you are coming from on this one mate!!! When I came back here last year I have bought several BIG bikes. The last one being a 2,300 cc brand new Triumph Rocket 3. I may pay a little more here than back in the UK BUT!!!!. Take for instance the cost of insurance. Back in the UK they wanted around 2,500 pounds to insure a Rocket. I keep the Rocket here for a couple of years and Im in profit compared to what Id pay there to here All things are relative. Here petrol is comparatively cheap, I dont have to spend all my time looking out for speed cameras, I can leave it parked anywhere with the key in it, Back home I had to lock it, steering lock it, disc lock it , Big chain throught the back wheel , alarm it and have it datadagged and I was still never sure it would be there when I returned, so for me I would rather be biking here than back in the UK or anywhere for that matter. Enjoy OZ!!!!! and your VFR :o

Edited by H2oDunc