Gym Membership

Big Guy

Hi All,

was wondering if any members out there had any ideas of gym membership costs on the island. i live in kathu and am interested in joining to help loose some weight. Know that there is one there and also a big one on chao Fa near to the Dara Samut intersection, and either of these would be good but any ideas of what any on the island charge would be appreciated. (Am out of country this month on a work contract, but will be back for extended break late next month).

Big Guy

Hi All,

was wondering if any members out there had any ideas of gym membership costs on the island. i live in kathu and am interested in joining to help loose some weight. Know that there is one there and also a big one on chao Fa near to the Dara Samut intersection, and either of these would be good but any ideas of what any on the island charge would be appreciated. (Am out of country this month on a work contract, but will be back for extended break late next month).

Big Guy

I met someone at the recent Thai Visa party who said they had obtained gym/pool membership from the Hilton Hotel in Kata (?) at a cost of 15,000 per year for a family of four. That sounds like a very good deal and apparently the gym is fully equipped. You might want to check it out.

The Gym and Squash facilities are excellent at The Hilton. We have been Hilton members for a couple of years and the facilities overall are really worth it. Included in the membership is a free night at a Hilton establishment which is great for Visa Runs (we have taken out 2 memberships).

The Gym and Squash facilities are excellent at The Hilton. We have been Hilton members for a couple of years and the facilities overall are really worth it. Included in the membership is a free night at a Hilton establishment which is great for Visa Runs (we have taken out 2 memberships).

How big (long) is the pool!

Thanks.

I am the member that Chiang Mai spoke to. I didn't know anything about a free night. WWas this a one-off promotion or maybe I have a different deal.

And the answer to Felt 35:

The three pools are really leisure pools rather than serious swimming pools but I have done laps there (during low season!) and I would guess about 25 metres at their longest points.

Madmitch

depends on which package you go for? Speak to Nicki at The Hilton. Quite a few of us have this membership deal. 2 Years ago we took advantage of the free night at the Hilton here for the Melbourne Cup day. It was great!!!

And the answer to Felt 35:

The three pools are really leisure pools rather than serious swimming pools but I have done laps there (during low season!) and I would guess about 25 metres at their longest points

Thanks for the info madmitch.

Thanks for the replys, the hilton sounds great but is a bit awkward to get to from Kathu, do any members have any reports and or prices from any gyms in the central area of phuket

Club Asia Fitness, Royal Phuket City Hotel, Phang-nga Road is not so far from Kathu.

I think they have a joining fee on around 3000 Baht, pluss one or two monthly payments in advance, and then 1500-1600 Baht pr month. If you pay up a year in advance its around 17-18000 Baht pr year.

Thanks & Regards