Nonb Visa Application In Japan

trader1

http://www.thaiembassy.jp/rte2/content/view/95/152/

Applicants becoming teachers at any educational organizations (National, public and private) in Thailand are required to submit no criminal records in English and a teaching license.

I have a job offer at Thai Uni., a phd, long publaishing record, tenure at past univeristies in other countries, but have never been asked for a teaching license. In fact I don't know any professors who have one. Has anyone tried to get the visa in Japan or is it impossible without a "license"?

Applicants without permanent residents are required to apply for Thai visa in your own country.

I have been in Japan for 10 years but only on a three year visa, can I still apply? I spoke with the embassy in my home country and they said that I can't apply for it there as I am not currently a resident.

http://www.thaiembassy.jp/rte2/content/view/95/152/

Applicants becoming teachers at any educational organizations (National, public and private) in Thailand are required to submit no criminal records in English and a teaching license.

I have a job offer at Thai Uni., a phd, long publaishing record, tenure at past univeristies in other countries, but have never been asked for a teaching license. In fact I don't know any professors who have one. Has anyone tried to get the visa in Japan or is it impossible without a "license"?

Applicants without permanent residents are required to apply for Thai visa in your own country.

I have been in Japan for 10 years but only on a three year visa, can I still apply? I spoke with the embassy in my home country and they said that I can't apply for it there as I am not currently a resident.

The Thai Embassy and Consulates in Japan make some unusual rules about visa issuance. It is always extremely difficult for a non Japanese to get a Thai visa in Japan. The police clearance is only required for teachers of primary and secondary grades. Go to Thailand via Australia and get your visa there.

The Thai Embassy and Consulates in Japan make some unusual rules about visa issuance. It is always extremely difficult for a non Japanese to get a Thai visa in Japan. The police clearance is only required for teachers of primary and secondary grades. Go to Thailand via Australia and get your visa there.

Thanks, may have to do that, appreciate your advice!

Thanks, may have to do that, appreciate your advice!

I went through the same process when I left Japan last April. I had a job offer and had hopes of moving directly to Thailand from Japan but I was simply unable to get through the wall of bureaucratic nonsense thrown up by the Japanese, Canadian, and Thai governments. In the end, I had to return to Canada and spent 4 months sorting out criminal record checks, obtaining a new passportm and trying and failing to get a non-Imm-B visa from a consulate in Texas.

I finally arrived in Thailand 2 days ago. Still no luck on the job front but I have a few interviews lined up for next week.

Good luck. Something tells me I should have stayed in Japan and just come to Thailand for vacations.