Cbr 150

teatree

I wonder if you guys can help me...

I've decided to buy a CBR 150, can anyone reccomend a reputable dealer in BKK? I went to a dealer at the bottom of Ramkampaeng road who quoted a price of 63,000 - is that the going rate? What about a used one? Are they worth the risk???

There was a used one for 42,000 with about 4500 km on the clock.

Cheers

63,000 baht on a 150 girls racer??????? Spend a little more and get a mans bike. There's lots of bigger and better bikes out there ,with book etc so look about. Just my opinion by the way, seems to be a popular girls racer here in Thailand though :o

Good one. 63K is right for a new one. 42k for one with only 4500 km seems good. Most ive seen used with very low miles are priced at 50K unless you find some one needing to move a quick sale, then 40K is the norm but they sell quick. One thing about new, it comes with a 3 year warrantee on engine and you can be sure to properly break it in. Many people will often run the piss out of it new and not change the oil right away. Thats bad on a new tight fitting engine.

Thanks for the reply but I dont need a big bike to compensate for a small penis. Mine is quite big enough thanks. A 150 is big enough for what I want to do.

Being a big girls blouse you wouldnt need a penis ha ha ha ha ha ha

This from a guy that paid over a million baht for a British motorcycle!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Thanks for the reply but I dont need a big bike to compensate for a small penis. Mine is quite big enough thanks. A 150 is big enough for what I want to do.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

And well happy to have done best bike I've ever owned. And you own??????????????????

my point being lots of bigger better bikes about like http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=140096&hl=

I own several bikes and even a small town bike. I just think the 150 is a bit like non alchoholic lager / beer If you are going to drink you might as well have a proper one

The CBR is light and nimble in a way that heavier bikes cannot be. It will not break any bike speed records, but it is substantially superior to the step-thru models of bikes that populate most of Thailand. It is faster than the Phantom too. How fast can you really go in Thailand anyways (for more than one minute) without genuine fear of irrational Thai drivers doing something unexpected.

My CBR is fantastic in town, and after four years, and many opportunites to get a larger bike, I can't imagine why I would. I will get another 4 years out of this bike no problem and then I 'll likely get something like it. I have also never had any mechanical problem with this bike and I have heard the same from other drivers. All I have had to replace is a rear tire, a chain, and gas and oil.

pretty sweet for 63,000.

An indicated top speed of 141 kph on level ground is nearly suicidal in Thailand, 99% of the time. When the owner of a 2,300 cc motorcycle must resort to penis size attacks on CBR150 owners, one has to wonder if he's still insecure about something. I say, ride what you want, ride whom you want, and don't confuse the two. :o

Back on topic, we finally got the brake pads changed yesterday at 46,000 km, although neither disc was touching metal yet. Not counting the cheater battery that they installed originally, I now have 45,500 km on the original battery. We did have to rebuild the carburetor once, which cost about 1000 baht. The cost for labor yesterday to service the choke cable (including removal of the tank), and replace the pads on both brakes, ran 100 baht. I had a mate who bought a used VTR400, and it cost him over 20,000 baht, 2 nights in Bangkok, and an 1,800 km round trip, just to correct the malfunctions in the bike he bought used.

If you buy a new Triumph or BMW, you get a real registration. I'll bet that most of the CBR400/Hornet/Bandit bikes have registrations stolen from a wrecked Honda Dream.

Dunc, I once got my CBR150 repaired correctly at a nowhere shop in Lamphun province. Could that same shop repair broken Triumphs and Ducatis? Do they even have the instrument to balance multiple carburetors? Nope.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

And well happy to have done best bike I've ever owned. And you own??????????????????

my point being lots of bigger better bikes about like http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=140096&hl=

I own several bikes and even a small town bike. I just think the 150 is a bit like non alchoholic lager / beer If you are going to drink you might as well have a proper one

I own a CBR 150 of course! When you dissed the machine that has given me almost 5 years of trouble-free riding and took the opportunity to make fun of someone who was only looking for some information, you left yourself wide open for my "ha ha ha" response.

The Japanese motorcycle manufacturers ran Triumph out of the business. Sure, they have tried to resurect the brand but it is a small and inconsequential niche player now.

Where do these foreskin exercisers come from that mock someone looking for advice on a particular bike?,i have had nearly all makes and models but i wouldnt advise a guy with maybe not a lot of experience to buy a hayabusa !.,.. my advise ,if you arent on a budget get a new one, all the thai bike shops are much of a muchness and dont discount, you may get a few accessories thrown in,the cbr is a good little bike but if you want to do (just ) over 80 miles an hour get a truimph,. :o

I wonder if you guys can help me...

I've decided to buy a CBR 150, can anyone reccomend a reputable dealer in BKK? I went to a dealer at the bottom of Ramkampaeng road who quoted a price of 63,000 - is that the going rate? What about a used one? Are they worth the risk???

There was a used one for 42,000 with about 4500 km on the clock.

Cheers

To merely answer the OP's question, again: any big Honda shop, with a big service bay, should be good. 63,000 is the going rate, and you might bargain them to include a year's insurance and a decent helmet for that price. List price is around 66,500. Used ones are worth the risk, if you could be sure it was broken in right, still was covered under warranty, etc.

Note, folks, that the OP has already decided to buy a CBR. Welcome to the gang, teatree.

One more thing for those of you who like to ride your classic BMW or Ducati or BSA single on the weekend: most of us who buy motorbikes here, don't have other wheels. We ride these CBR's or Phantoms or whatevers every day, even when shopping. It is not a toy. And I could give you a long list of lifestyle choices that are unrelated to tadger size. :o

I like all bikes, but the arrogance displayed by those who have spent million(s) of baht on a big bike is simply astounding. Are they getting embarrassed at stoplights by pimply faced teens and feel the need for infantile attacks on owners of smaller bikes? I am in no ways a rich man, thus my affinity for the sporty CBR150R, but for the price that some pay for LEGAL large bikes, I can have both my small one and a proper car to go the long distance which is, to be considering the large bikes price points, their only saving grace.

I like all bikes, but the arrogance displayed by those who have spent million(s) of baht on a big bike is simply astounding. Are they getting embarrassed at stoplights by pimply faced teens and feel the need for infantile attacks on owners of smaller bikes? I am in no ways a rich man, thus my affinity for the sporty CBR150R, but for the price that some pay for LEGAL large bikes, I can have both my small one and a proper car to go the long distance which is, to be considering the large bikes price points, their only saving grace.
Well put, agreed, the locals seem to get a family of 5 and the dog on a small bike so for our mere frames we should be ok ! :o

63,000 baht on a 150 girls racer??????? Spend a little more and get a mans bike. There's lots of bigger and better bikes out there ,with book etc so look about. Just my opinion by the way, seems to be a popular girls racer here in Thailand though :o

I am going to be absoloutely honest here. I have had email contacts with the poster about his current bike for sale ( 750cc ).

Flame me for this if you like..................I am not going ahead with this potential purchase.

Reason? You slag off a perfectly acceptable learner/fun/nifty/bike ( CB 150 ) for some weird reason.

I like big bikes...............but to slag off a really good small bike like the CB 150?

Congrats Dunc on a lost sale.

Someone mentioned arrogance? Spot on ! Slag off that model of bike? Definately shows a lack of understanding about bikes in general.

Edited by stevemiddie