Internet/phone Lines In Pattaya

Meg_2003

I will be moving house in a week and am having terrible problems getting a phone line..

First I went to TT&T, who said they would call me back within the next few days. When they called back, they said there were no phone numbers available so they could not help me.

So 8 days ago I went to the TOT office and applied for a phone line there, my partner signed the contract ect, and they told me they would have to have someone check the location that my place could have a phone line. (There is already an actual line fitted, and the last tennant just cancelled their TOT line so they must be able to just put it on for me)

They said it would take a few days and if it was more than 7 days then I should call them.. So 2 days ago, I called them, they said they were still waiting to hear from the guy who goes out to check. Today I call, and they say he still hasn't been to check...

3 years ago when I lived in a Condo, TOT put me on a waiting list for a phone line, up until now I never heard back from them. I am worried they are doing the same thing to me now, and will keep telling me to just wait.

If I cant get the internet, then I can NOT move... I must move in 6 days, so I really need to get something sorted out by then..

Ive seen an advert for TRUE INTERNET CHONBURI on Sophon cable and in Thai, they say "You don't need a telephone number" ...Has anyone used their service?

Does anyone know of a internet company where you don't need a phone line? I'm desperate and really need to get this sorted out fast.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

I will be moving house in a week and am having terrible problems getting a phone line..

First I went to TT&T, who said they would call me back within the next few days. When they called back, they said there were no phone numbers available so they could not help me.

So 8 days ago I went to the TOT office and applied for a phone line there, my partner signed the contract ect, and they told me they would have to have someone check the location that my place could have a phone line. (There is already an actual line fitted, and the last tennant just cancelled their TOT line so they must be able to just put it on for me)

They said it would take a few days and if it was more than 7 days then I should call them.. So 2 days ago, I called them, they said they were still waiting to hear from the guy who goes out to check. Today I call, and they say he still hasn't been to check...

3 years ago when I lived in a Condo, TOT put me on a waiting list for a phone line, up until now I never heard back from them. I am worried they are doing the same thing to me now, and will keep telling me to just wait.

If I cant get the internet, then I can NOT move... I must move in 6 days, so I really need to get something sorted out by then..

Ive seen an advert for TRUE INTERNET CHONBURI on Sophon cable and in Thai, they say "You don't need a telephone number" ...Has anyone used their service?

Does anyone know of a internet company where you don't need a phone line? I'm desperate and really need to get this sorted out fast.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

So perfectly normal for phone lines then...........SNAFU is the old military acronym.

I am convinced that TT&T are 100% more on the ball than TOT who are on the edge of collapse - most lines went down in Pattaya last w/e but this doesn't help TT&T users either.

I got a line on a new house of TT&T at Carrefour very quickly - both companies had to check - TOT took 2 weeks and then said NO.....

TTT"T looked in a book and said NO immediately....so I said I would like 10 or 12 lines for houses in my road next month and offered them a tip....I went home and they called me back saying I could have one line if I went in that afternoon ad signed - so I did....then......without any warning about 5 days later a crew of about 20 men came and laid a line about 150 meters up my Soi and strung a line into my house - I got a free remote phone, and 500 baht of call vouchers and a bill for 1500 which went on my first bill but was discounted to about 1000. I have still no idea how or how this happened - I didn't pay any tip or anything but was the only person in my row of new houses with a phone for several weeks.

If you desperately need internet you will have to get a wireless connection - you won't need a phone line for that but it ain't very quick - a card for your laptop is about 12k baht but I believe there are discounts available - try dut'com Sri Racha or Pattaya

If you desperately need internet you will have to get a wireless connection - you won't need a phone line for that but it ain't very quick - a card for your laptop is about 12k baht but I believe there are discounts available - try dut'com Sri Racha or Pattaya

Hi, Do you know the name of this? Also, is it a 1 time fee or are there monthly fee's? Do you know how fast it is?

Thankyou for the replies..

So perfectly normal for phone lines then...........SNAFU is the old military acronym.

I am convinced that TT&T are 100% more on the ball than TOT who are on the edge of collapse - most lines went down in Pattaya last w/e but this doesn't help TT&T users either.

I got a line on a new house of TT&T at Carrefour very quickly - both companies had to check - TOT took 2 weeks and then said NO.....

TTT"T looked in a book and said NO immediately....so I said I would like 10 or 12 lines for houses in my road next month and offered them a tip....I went home and they called me back saying I could have one line if I went in that afternoon ad signed - so I did....then......without any warning about 5 days later a crew of about 20 men came and laid a line about 150 meters up my Soi and strung a line into my house - I got a free remote phone, and 500 baht of call vouchers and a bill for 1500 which went on my first bill but was discounted to about 1000. I have still no idea how or how this happened - I didn't pay any tip or anything but was the only person in my row of new houses with a phone for several weeks.

Thankyou for your reply!!! TT&T took 4 days to get back to me to tell me no, They told me there were no phone numbers available... Did TOT give you any reason as to why you couldn't get one?

This is really worrying as I have to move in 6 days, Ive put a 20,000 deposit on a house and I cant move there if I cant get the internet..

Ive heard about the Loxinfo internet where you dont need a phone line, only a dish, but its 2,500 a month for low speed..

True advertise that you dont need a phone line but when I went there they said its not available in Pattaya yet they advertise it on the TV!

Hutch offer a wireless service - you will have to ask more technically minded what it actually is - I think it either runs through AIS mobile network or satellite or something like that - you get a card for your laptop or something similar for your PC and you have internet wherever you go. It is available throughout Thailand but is only a little faster than dial-up is atall. people who have it love the ability to log on wherever they are.

I believe there are quite a few companies who offer the service...I was interested in Hutch about 9 months ago because my dial-up was so poor and I couldn't get broadband - a change of job changed all that but I still might if someone on this thread comes up with a recommendation.

Hi, Do you know the name of this? Also, is it a 1 time fee or are there monthly fee's? Do you know how fast it is?

Thankyou for the replies..

I used to use the Sierra Aircard referred to here. You can purchase one at Tuc Com, just west of 3rd Road, on Pattaya Tai. You will have to subscribe to a service for the connection. They always (as far as I know) insist on a one year contract. Signing up is easy. You can do it at any DTAC office, such as the opposite the Carrefour market on the second floor. However, when I needed to cancel mine, I had to go to Sri Racha to do it. Now, why did I cancel?

The speed of the connection averages in the area of 40 kbps. It is incredibly slow. I'm a "spoiled" American who had ADSL there before I moved here last year. So the speed of dial-up service at what we used to get 20 years ago in the USA is infuriating! In addition, there a couple of steps to go through when getting on the air with the Aircard; and it does occasionally go down, or drop to even lower speeds during hours of heavy use. I believe my fee was 1200 baht per month for unlimited connection time. They have other plans with limits also.

When I finally got a phone line, which took a few months for me also, I moved to using the True Internet Kit cards which can be purchased at Wattana. They have two locations. One is on Pattaya Klang, opposite Carrefour. The other is in Tuc Com, on the 4th floor, I believe. These cards are cheap. You can get 110 hours of use for about 400 baht. But the speed is about the same as the Aircard. The connection process is much more convenient; and the connection speed is more consistent. It's also your option to drop it at any time, if you (and I) ever get a high speed connection.

I have been waiting for 3 months for a high speed connection from TOT, which is really through TT&T. The problem for me is that they do not have a transmitting station within 3 kilometers of my home. That is their range limit - 3 kilometers. They can check that for you at the office.

I am currently very close to the ultimate solution. There will soon be a high speed, optical cable line run into my area by C.A.T. Telecom. Their building is located on Pattay Tai, just east Third Road, on the north side of the street. Again, you will be at the mercy of location. Check with them, and see if they have service into your area.

Hope this helps. I fully understand, and share in your frustration!

Here in Pattaya, there are several wireless options like Hello and Mama. In my condo, whenever I do a scan of available wireless (wifi) links, I get Mama and Hello. Sometimes I pick up Center Condo near Beach and I'm up near Carrefour!

I've heard TT&T have the ADSL line up in 3 days on average. This is 1900 baht which includes a phone line and then 900 monthly. Well worth it in my opinion.

Thankyou for the replies everyone..

I really do need quite a fast connection of at least 500 kbps as the sites I have to access are impossible to load on a dail-up internet connection (I tried to go on there at a friends home and it took 30 mins to load the page!)

Im moving to a house on Soi Arunothai 11, which is just near Nirun Condo.. TT&T said there were no more numbers available :o TOT said they have to check to see if there is a TOT box in that area..

Ive been looking into Loxinfo, You have to buy a dish and its 1,500 a month (Promotion until tomorrow!) for 256kbps but I really would prefer the phone line...

That sounds a good idea asking people in the area if they would sell their number to me, but TOT said there WERE numbers available, but they just had to check out the location... 8 days and still nothing :D :D

Edited by Meg_ken2003

Just an update!!

We signed up today for the LOXINFO Internet with the Dish (No phone line) .. 1,500 a month for 256/128KBPS .. Just until we can get a phone line sorted out... 3,000 for the dish and it will be fitted and online in 7 days..

Has anyone got this Loxinfo dish with the 256KBPS and is it any good as I am rather worried??.. It seems a high price to pay for such a slow internet but it was my only choice...

Get a Thai to call the engineers/inspectors directly , by-passing the "sales" people. Worked for me with installation and works (better) for any ADSL problems .

Abit of Yak Yak works wonders!

Edited by dogleg

Hutch offer a wireless service - you will have to ask more technically minded what it actually is - I think it either runs through AIS mobile network or satellite or something like that - you get a card for your laptop or something similar for your PC and you have internet wherever you go. It is available throughout Thailand but is only a little faster than dial-up is atall. people who have it love the ability to log on wherever they are.

I believe there are quite a few companies who offer the service...I was interested in Hutch about 9 months ago because my dial-up was so poor and I couldn't get broadband - a change of job changed all that but I still might if someone on this thread comes up with a recommendation.

Hutch works togehter with CAT. You will have to buy a USB modem or PCMIA (kind of out dated) it costs around 4000 B and another 1000 B/month unlimited acess. The speed are a maximum of 156 kbps but Hutch says on their homepage that 60-70 Kbps are normal. They have just come out with a new 2 Mbps service, not sure if it is availible in Pattya yet. The new 2 Mbps service are also 1000 b montly.

Anyone considering to sign up for Hutch make sure you get the new 2 Mbps card even if the spee is not availble her in Pattaya the card will work with the old system anyway.

Personally I have only good to say about Hutch, I have never been out of service even if on ocations it has beenvery slow.