2 hours ago2 hr I am on a scheduled flight into Bangkok, arriving tomorrow, Sunday, in the late afternoon. From there, I have to head into the city center and get to an area near Victory Monument along Phaholyothin Road.I've seen various photos and videos of flooding on a number of main roads in Bangkok. Does anyone know if the area around Makkasan Rail Link station, Asoke-Din Daeng Road, Rama 9 Road, or Phaholyothin Road between Victory Monument and Saphan Kwai is heavily flooded?I'm just trying to figure out if my commute plans are realistic. Should I take the Airport Link Train, get off at Makkasan Station, and get a taxi from there, or would it be better to get off at Phaya Thai Station and grab a taxi from there instead?Phaya Thai station places me a bit closer to my destination, but the area around that station is heavily congested, could be more prone to flooding, and it could be generally more difficult to get a taxi from there.I have never gotten off at Makkasan Station before, but I understand the elevators to ground level are better there than at Phaya Thai, and that the covered area at the street level is fully covered at Makkasan so that a taxi can pull up without you getting wet. I also understand there is a larger sheltered area there to wait for a taxi. I also believe a taxi can get right onto the freeway by that station, then get off at Rama 6 Road and avoid the street-level congestion on Rama 9 Road and around Victory Monument completely.By the time I get off the airport train, it could be close to 6 PM. Since it's Sunday, there shouldn't be the usual commuter traffic, so it might not be too bad getting into a taxi at that time. However, I wonder if the number of available Grab or Bolt taxis will be much lower than usual given all the flooding around the city.My other option would be to connect to the BTS Skytrain at Phaya Thai, get off at one of the BTS stations along Phaholyothin Road, then get a taxi. However, I do have a large suitcase, so I would need to take the elevator from the BTS concourse level down to the street level. If it's raining heavily, there's a chance the elevator may not be in service, and it could also be flooded around the elevator exit at street level, with no covered area to wait for a taxi. So I don't want to take that chance.Any thoughts or general advice would be appreciated.
36 minutes ago36 min Popular Post Maybe, could be, what if, what about, there's a chance...Jeez, sure seems like you think too much. Where ever you decide, it will probably be delayed. I would just relax and take the train to Phaya Thai and go from there.
Create an account or sign in to comment