Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

prescription glasses

Featured Replies

I was looking to order a simple far sight prescription glasses with simple frame and was shocked to learn that

of the exuberant eye glasses shops asking like B. 2,500 for simple lenses plus similar for a frame,

I had similar pairs done in Australia cheaper than that,

I also realized, after living in this country for many years, that very few Thai people wears glasses at all,

maybe that is the reason why they cost so much.

If you know the prescription, order from Zenni.

I am a bit unclear what you need. By "far sight glasses" do you mean glasses that help you see far i.e. you are myopic (near sighted)? If so, Zenni as above.

If you mean that you are far sighted and need glasses to coŕrect this, you can get ready made reading glasses at many markets and stores likr Lotus etc.

If you know your glasses values, order from https://www.lensmartonline.com.
The glasses come from the USA and are of high quality, but very inexpensive.

I've ordered there 3 times now: anti-reflective, scratch-resistant coating, thin lenses, never more expensive than $30-35 US. including shipping. From order to delivery to Thailand it takes about 10 days with the cheapest shipping method.

If you don't know your glasses values, you can certainly have them determined for a small tip at a Thai optics shop.

On 9/27/2026 at 2:18 AM, ezzra said:

I was looking to order a simple far sight prescription glasses with simple frame and was shocked to learn that

of the exuberant eye glasses shops asking like B. 2,500 for simple lenses plus similar for a frame,

I had similar pairs done in Australia cheaper than that,

I also realized, after living in this country for many years, that very few Thai people wears glasses at all,

maybe that is the reason why they cost so much.

It's depending of what type/quality lense-glass you asks for, and what brand of frame. A high quality lens can cost you several times more.

You can buy cheap both reading and near-sighted pairs of glasses in for example BigC and Mr. D.I.Y. — and likely several other places — for a few hundred baht. However, the quality of the lense-glass suffers (a lot) and is on the edge of useless. I bought a nice pair in BigC – a nice frame — for 299 baht and went to an optician shop to ask if they could change the lense-galss, which they could for 1,600 baht, which is probably 2,500 baht today.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.