PM Has Slight Hearing Difficulties, Possibly Due To Frequent Air Travel

Jai Dee

PM has slight hearing difficulties, possibly due to frequent air travel

Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont traveled to Phramongkutklao Hospital today (September 3rd) to check on his ears as he has difficulties in hearing.

Before arriving at the Government House, Gen. Surayud visited Phramongkutklao Hospital for doctors to check on his ears for about 15 minutes. Following the examination, doctors said the Prime Minister has some difficulties in hearing, but it is not serious. Doctors believed the cause could be due to the Prime Minister’s frequent air travel.

Previously, Gen. Surayud traveled to Phramongkutklao Hospital for doctors to examine his ears.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 03 September 2007

PM receives ear check-up at King Mongkut Hospital

Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont received a medical check-up on his ears at the King Mongkut Hospital at 8:40 am before going to work at Government House.

The check-up took place about 15 minutes and the doctor said he had a problem of pressure in the ears but the condition was not serious.

Source: The Nation - 03 September 2007

PM has slight hearing difficulties, possibly due to frequent air travel

Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont traveled to Phramongkutklao Hospital today (September 3rd) to check on his ears as he has difficulties in hearing.

Before arriving at the Government House, Gen. Surayud visited Phramongkutklao Hospital for doctors to check on his ears for about 15 minutes. Following the examination, doctors said the Prime Minister has some difficulties in hearing, but it is not serious. Doctors believed the cause could be due to the Prime Minister’s frequent air travel.

Previously, Gen. Surayud traveled to Phramongkutklao Hospital for doctors to examine his ears.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 03 September 2007

Hardly earth shattering news.

Perhaps someone should examine the brains of the doctors................ :o

It's a pressure issue, some are susceptible to the changes of pressure more than others. I find if I'm on and off planes in quick succession over a few days I can get a short term problem with mine. Not that uncommon.

Regards

PS answer a phone call and mid slips in :o

Edited by A_Traveller

It's a pressure issue, some are susceptible to the changes of pressure more than others. I find if I'm on and off planes in quick succession over a few days I can get a short term problem with mine. Not that uncommon.

Regards

PS answer a phone call and mid slips in :o

that be his excuse for not listening to anyone,good get out clause when something goes wrong "dont blame me i didnt hear you".....

that be his excuse for not listening to anyone,good get out clause when something goes wrong "dont blame me i didnt hear you".....

Seems to be a common problem amongst Thai PM's - not "hearing" good advice...

:o

Particularly when being questioned about their overseas assets, eh ? :D

not noise , pressure differential and the inner ear ....................................

Mine are completely ruined from that. Years of flying on Soviet & Chineseairliners with screwed up cabin pressure....

Is it the pressure differential or how rapidly it happens? Basically, would those ear plugs that slowly let the air pressure adjust help minimize the damage?

not noise , pressure differential and the inner ear ....................................

Mine are completely ruined from that. Years of flying on Soviet & Chineseairliners with screwed up cabin pressure....

Is it the pressure differential or how rapidly it happens? Basically, would those ear plugs that slowly let the air pressure adjust help minimize the damage?

Yes, it's both things. I've flown in some very dicey aircraft where the pressurization was badly controlled. If you add to that having a cold and having stuffed nasal passages, you can get tremendous inner ear damage and pain. Everyone should be careful about flying with a cold. Yes, those special pressure control ear plugs do help.