pwills

yes there sure is.

its in soi 102.follow the signposts.

you will need:

1. 4 x 4 vehicle.

2. winch.

3. camping equipment.

4. packed lunch.

5. 100 copies of every document you have ever owned.

6. sense of adventure.

7. patience, lots and lots of patience.

8. sunglasses to prevent you going blind from all the different coloured roofs in the area.

good luck and enjoy. :o:D

yes there sure is.

its in soi 102.follow the signposts.

you will need:

1. 4 x 4 vehicle.

2. winch.

3. camping equipment.

4. packed lunch.

5. 100 copies of every document you have ever owned.

6. sense of adventure.

7. patience, lots and lots of patience.

8. sunglasses to prevent you going blind from all the different coloured roofs in the area.

good luck and enjoy. :o:D

splitlid thank's mate will buy you a beer sometime Paul

The rule of thumb seems that if you can get it done in Bangkok, then do it.

some have various reports about the local office including myself. :o

Mike.

MY wife and I have been to the old office twice, followed by two visits to the new office in the back of beyond!

To be sure it's stupid place to put such a place, but we have had nothing but courtesy and attention from the people that staff the immigration bureau. We have obtained 'retirement visas', renewals re 90 days and all the necessary documentation for our application for driving licences without any bother whatsover, so no complaints from us.

Go and make the trip yourself and yes use a 4x4, goodness knows what the blxxxy road will be like in the rainy season!

The latest word is that you have to go to your nearest office. I got much better results in Hua Hin than at Suan Phlu in Bangkok, including an O visa converted to a so-called retirement visa, a reentry permit, very nice and helpful instructions, a 7day extension on a tourist stamp, etc. Soi 102, eh? Well, not so long ago, the office was in Pranburi, wasn't it?

My thank's to you all for your insight's, my reasons for asking are that yes I have heard that the new regulations require me to go to the nearest immigration office ,as I live in Jom- Bueng Ratchaburi I am about halfway between Bangkok and Huahin. I am on a Marriage visa and have just renewed my 12 month ext for the 3rd time in May and use mail to report every 90 days.I really hate going to Bangkok nowday's with the pollution and traffic so was thinking that we could report in Huahin, have a nice seafood meal and enjoy a day or two there .I have time too check thing's out myself in Huahin to see if it's a feasible option. My thanks again to you all for your input. Paul

Edited by pwills