Retirement Visa/money/pension Comb.

windrider

I am thinking of renewing my retirement visa with the pension+deposit factor that shows 65000 per month instead of the 800000 per year . Is there a farang who is using this plan to get retirement visa renewed? what documents must be prepared for the immigration officier as proof?

Thanks for help,anyone.

You need copies of every page in your bank book. A letter from your bank verifying the current amount in your account. A certified letter/affidavit from your embassy/consulate. Also copies of your passport pages. That's it. Did mine in Chiang Mai yesterday.

The U.S. Consulate simply has you swear to your amount of income. They do not ask for proof.

silverhawk clearly interpreted your mention of a pension of 65k baht as an indication of which program you intended to apply under rather than you having a pension of 65k baht or greater a month.

If in fact you have a pension letter from your consulate or embassy that your pension is 65K or greater a month, I don't believe your bank book will be required, as you satisfy the financial requirements with the pension alone.

My pension falls a wee short of the mandated 65K a month so I need the bank book and bank letter.

silverhawk clearly interpreted your mention of a pension of 65k baht as an indication of which program you intended to apply under rather than you having a pension of 65k baht or greater a month.

If in fact you have a pension letter from your consulate or embassy that your pension is 65K or greater a month, I don't believe your bank book will be required, as you satisfy the financial requirements with the pension alone.

My pension falls a wee short of the mandated 65K a month so I need the bank book and bank letter.

In Chiang Mai you still need a copy of the bank book and a letter from the bank. My pension is above the minimum and I only keep minimal funds in the bank here. They still want to see it. This was my fifth time extending and it has been asked for each time. This was also confirmed in another post from someone in Phuket.

I am not sure what they say if you have no bank account.

edit:typo

Edited by silverhawk_usa