Pra Keo Morakhot Found In Lao

AiLao

Scan1.jpg

The first time Siam invaded ViengChan was in 1779. Before the arrival of Siamese troops many scripts and statues had been remove from 126 temples in ViengChan to safe places. In 1828 the Siamese troops returned to VTE and burnt 125 temples and relocate over 300,000.000 Lao people to out skirt of Bangkok.

Scan1.jpg

The first time Siam invaded ViengChan was in 1779. Before the arrival of Siamese troops many scripts and statues had been remove from 126 temples in ViengChan to safe places. In 1828 the Siamese troops returned to VTE and burnt 125 temples and relocate over 300,000.000 Lao people to out skirt of Bangkok.

nice photo. Can you tell us more about the circumstances of the discovery etc? Would be interesting

@Ai Lao:

maybe this is not the Pra Keo Morakot, but the other one. You know there once were two Emerald Buddhas in Laos. One image was found in a cave in today's Saravane province (if you go from Saravane to Kong Sedone, it is on your right hand side, some kms in). However, this image, too, was carried away by victorious Siamese. Even in these times an annual festival is held in commemoration of this Pra Keo.

@Ai Lao:

maybe this is not the Pra Keo Morakot, but the other one. You know there once were two Emerald Buddhas in Laos. One image was found in a cave in today's Saravane province (if you go from Saravane to Kong Sedone, it is on your right hand side, some kms in). However, this image, too, was carried away by victorious Siamese. Even in these times an annual festival is held in commemoration of this Pra Keo.

Interesting, I didn't know there were two. I must read some more about this when I get the time. Thanks for the info :o