How Many Tr Visa Can I Apply Per Year

Sorry I have to start a new thread regarding that topic.

Unfortunately I got disputed informations about how many tourist visas I can apply in 360 days.

I have heard from 2/year, by a travel agency who is responsible for visa runs, also for tourist visa.

Another declaration have told as many as you want.

It's very important to get a clear and correct answer maybe with any link.

thanks

Unfortunately I got disputed informations about how many tourist visas I can apply in 360 days.

I have heard from 2/year, by a travel agency who is responsible for visa runs, also for tourist visa.

thanks

It's a bit premature to be able to say how many tourist visas will be given per year because not even a full year has elapsed since October1, 2006.

Assuming you're talking about single-entry visas, only 4 would be required in a year, and we've heard from several members who have attained that many from Penang.

Many have received 3 back-to-back from Penang.

Different Consulates and Embassies have different policies, but definitely your travel agency doesn't have a clue.

thanks

It's a bit premature to be able to say how many tourist visas will be given per year because not even a full year has elapsed since October1, 2006.

Assuming you're talking about single-entry visas, only 4 would be required in a year, and we've heard from several members who have attained that many from Penang.

Many have received 3 back-to-back from Penang.

Different Consulates and Embassies have different policies, but definitely your travel agency doesn't have a clue.

Speculation A: Something got lost in translation??? Perhaps the agency was talking about the routine whereby you do two 180-day blocks (60-day TV + 30-day extension + 3 x 30-day visa runs). That accounts for the "2/year" and "360 days" mentioned by the OP. I kinda sorta think one of the local visa run outfits sells a package something like that.

Speculation B: (As stated in the last quote), the agency was referring to the number of TVs that could be gotten from a specific consulate/embassy.

Speculation A: Something got lost in translation??? Perhaps the agency was talking about the routine whereby you do two 180-day blocks (60-day TV + 30-day extension + 3 x 30-day visa runs). That accounts for the "2/year" and "360 days" mentioned by the OP. I kinda sorta think one of the local visa run outfits sells a package something like that.

Yes, I've heard of quite a few agencies offering such packages.

Considering the problems that can occur on visa runs you'd have to be game to invest in a package that suposedly guarantees 6 months. I've heard talk of money-back guarantees. I wouldn't do it.

Sorry, no the agency (since several years and offers visa runs to Cambodia and Laos) has told.

You only can do TV 2 times a year. That means.

TV 60 days + extend 30 days = 90 days

3 times visa run for 30 days = 90 days

and again

TV 60 days + extend 30 days = 90 days

3 times visa run for 30 days = 90 days

So you only can stay 1 year in Thailand.

You also could do 2 TV's in one row, after that only 3*30 days. Then you have to leave Thailand for 90 days and can start again.

Now I am very confused

That will not work - the rule is 90 days in a six month period (not 180 days). You would have to obtain an additional 7 day extension of stay to be able to use that system.

We have not seen any Consulate refuse issue of tourist visas over two this year (although getting anything in Cambodia is not pleasant). I believe the companies were told by Laos not to bring people more than twice (when there was a huge crush to obtain visas) but have not heard of travelers being turned away.

There is no Ministry set maximum. It will be up to the Consulates involved.

Only that some were being advised not to return after getting twice during the period they were undermanned and not equipped to deal with the numbers of applicants. Obviously if I were told not to return I would go elsewhere. Believe that Malaysia and Singapore are the best choice - as has normally been the case. But have not seen any report of Vientiane returning to that "don't return" stamp that they were known to use up to about a year ago.