“charlie San Francisco Steak House” On Asoke

farangene

I tried a new restaurant the other day and thought the food was good and an excellent value. It compares quite favorably to Santa Fe Steakhouse in Bangkok.

The owner of the restaurant is “Charlie” who used to be the Maitre de of Anna’s Café on Sala Daeng, Sukhumvit, Wireless and several other locations around Bangkok. He also had a place called Charlie’s Pasta on Rama 3 in the Central mall. He now owns “Anna & Charlie” (successor to Anna’s Café) and “Charlie San Francisco Steak House”.

From Sukhumvit, the restaurant is a 10-15 minute walk down Asoke. It is in the Lumpini Plaza Building on the left side of the street as you walk away from Sukhumvit. It is about a block past Ocean Tower 1 and 2, followed shortly by the Singha Beer Garden. On the opposite side of the street is a large Caltex gas station and the GMM (Grammy) Building. There is a TMB bank on the same floor of Lumpini Plaza that can be seen from the street. San Francisco Steak House is on the ground floor up a very short flight of stairs from the street, in the back and next to the S&P Bakery.

It is open from 10AM to 9PM and their busy time is noon time on weekdays for the office workers in the area. I would recommend going after 1pm to avoid the crowds as I am told it is difficult to get a table during lunch time. There is seating for about 60 people at 15 tables.

The menu is primarily western food such as fish, steak, chicken and pasta. Our party had garlic bread (6 pcs for 45B), Caesar salad (70B). Beef spaghetti (95B), T-bone steak (169B), Red snapper fish (70B).The steak served at these low prices is of Thai origin but imported US steaks are available for around 600B. Lamb chops, pork chops and other meat cuts are available. Salmon, Sea bass and petrale lunches were priced from 140-180B. All food is served as sets and include rice or country fried potatoes and mixed vegetables.

For desert, Toffee bananaofee pie (60b), banana fritter and ice cream (60B) or assorted cake (60B) were among the offerings.

Drinks included Pepsi and sodas (20B), water (15B), Singha and Heineken small (55B) and fresh juice (50B).

Things I liked: Service was excellent and they use decent-sized, good quality paper napkins that I rarely see at restaurants in Thailand. I have eaten there three times and the food and service were consistently good.

We found the T-bone steak lunch to be a good value for the price. The red snapper lunch was delicious and an excellent value at only 70B. The sauce on the spaghetti was a bit sweeter than we preferred but enjoyable.

Overall: I think this is a very clean restaurant with tasty food, good service and fair prices that offer a very good value. 10% service is added to the bill.

I tried a new restaurant the other day and thought the food was good and an excellent value. It compares quite favorably to Santa Fe Steakhouse in Bangkok.

The owner of the restaurant is “Charlie” who used to be the Maitre de of Anna’s Café on Sala Daeng, Sukhumvit, Wireless and several other locations around Bangkok. He also had a place called Charlie’s Pasta on Rama 3 in the Central mall. He now owns “Anna & Charlie” (successor to Anna’s Café) and “Charlie San Francisco Steak House”.

From Sukhumvit, the restaurant is a 10-15 minute walk down Asoke. It is in the Lumpini Plaza Building on the left side of the street as you walk away from Sukhumvit. It is about a block past Ocean Tower 1 and 2, followed shortly by the Singha Beer Garden. On the opposite side of the street is a large Caltex gas station and the GMM (Grammy) Building. There is a TMB bank on the same floor of Lumpini Plaza that can be seen from the street. San Francisco Steak House is on the ground floor up a very short flight of stairs from the street, in the back and next to the S&P Bakery.

It is open from 10AM to 9PM and their busy time is noon time on weekdays for the office workers in the area. I would recommend going after 1pm to avoid the crowds as I am told it is difficult to get a table during lunch time. There is seating for about 60 people at 15 tables.

The menu is primarily western food such as fish, steak, chicken and pasta. Our party had garlic bread (6 pcs for 45B), Caesar salad (70B). Beef spaghetti (95B), T-bone steak (169B), Red snapper fish (70B).The steak served at these low prices is of Thai origin but imported US steaks are available for around 600B. Lamb chops, pork chops and other meat cuts are available. Salmon, Sea bass and petrale lunches were priced from 140-180B. All food is served as sets and include rice or country fried potatoes and mixed vegetables.

For desert, Toffee bananaofee pie (60b), banana fritter and ice cream (60B) or assorted cake (60B) were among the offerings.

Drinks included Pepsi and sodas (20B), water (15B), Singha and Heineken small (55B) and fresh juice (50B).

Things I liked: Service was excellent and they use decent-sized, good quality paper napkins that I rarely see at restaurants in Thailand. I have eaten there three times and the food and service were consistently good.

We found the T-bone steak lunch to be a good value for the price. The red snapper lunch was delicious and an excellent value at only 70B. The sauce on the spaghetti was a bit sweeter than we preferred but enjoyable.

Overall: I think this is a very clean restaurant with tasty food, good service and fair prices that offer a very good value. 10% service is added to the bill.

Around how many grams is the steak for 169, and does it come with any sidings or potatoes or whatever? :o

Around how many grams is the steak for 169, and does it come with any sidings or potatoes or whatever? :o

I am not sure of the gram weight but it measures about 3 inches by 6 inches. It is on the thin side.

All food orders comes with country fried potatoes and mixed vegetables.