Lampang Scooter Rentals?

scooterboy

Got that - Thanks! Ain't no shops renting out Motorbikes/Scooters in the town? Would be nice if there were a few places to choose from and a rough idea of the daily rate. :o

Probably not. Lampang is not a big tourist destination like Chiang Mai. Most upcountry Thai towns do not have scooter rentals available.

Got that - Thanks! Ain't no shops renting out Motorbikes/Scooters in the town? Would be nice if there were a few places to choose from and a rough idea of the daily rate. :o

I don't think the Riverside actually rents out bikes themselves but I thought the manager (Am) might be able to steer you in the right direction. He is a keen motocross rider and would know all the bike shops in town. Lampang is a big student town and there scooters on the roads everywhere so a rental should be available. You might even be able to get one with a student attached.

Hrmph! Looks like it's a real no-go in Lampang. I admit that I don't want to go to Lampang and just discover that there AREN'T any rental places. Yeah, I DO know that it can be difficult to rent scooters/motorbikes in some upcountry towns - hence the original question. Have already tried in Lamphun and they got absolutely no rental places anywhere. Seems the only place (with guarantee) is Chiang Mai and driving down from there - unless anybody's got any good suggestions.