Re-entry Permit - Can Be Issued The Same Day?

I'll need a re-entry permit issued tomorrow for a flight that's leaving on Saturday. I'm pretty sure it can be applied on and received the same day ..does anyone have experiences with this? And what documentation do they need? I'm guessing passport, passport photo, airline ticket ..that's it?

Just needs photo, passport and the form (plus the fee of course). Immigration seem to do them in a couple of hours, get it in the airport in 45mins or so :o

EDIT Airport = Suvarnahcantspellit

Edited by Crossy

Just needs photo, passport and the form (plus the fee of course). Immigration seem to do them in a couple of hours, get it in the airport in 45mins or so :o

Rainman

I assume you're going to Suan Plu?  There, 20 minutes to an hour plus, depending on the workload.

FYI, at least at Don Muang, couldn't do the re-entry permit unless you also had a boarding pass, for some strange reason.  I tried that a couple of times as DMK is rather closer to home than Suan Plu.

Mac

FYI, at least at Don Muang, couldn't do the re-entry permit unless you also had a boarding pass, for some strange reason.  I tried that a couple of times as DMK is rather closer to home than Suan Plu.

Suvarnawotsit is the same, the desk is in the immigration buffer hall (that's the area behind the glass partition in front of the immigration desks), you therefore need your boarding pass to get to it. There is only one desk although there are two buffer halls, it's in the hall near the Thai check in counters, BIG sign on the wall.

Just needs photo, passport and the form (plus the fee of course).

Pattaya Immigrations also wants a copy of the picture page of your passport to apply for re-entry permit. Is that needed at the airport? If so, can the copy be made there?

Pattaya Immigrations also wants a copy of the picture page of your passport to apply for re-entry permit. Is that needed at the airport? If so, can the copy be made there?

Can't answer your specific Q but last time I got a re-entry permit at DMK, no need for photo copy of the picture page of my passport.

However, I do carry one with me, along with a copy of my current extension page and current "chop-in" date page.  These could be handy if your passport is lost.  

Mac

I do remember seeing a warning somewhere that there were NO photocopy facilities available at the counter in the airport that deals with re-entry stamps - cam\n anyone confirm?

I do remember seeing a warning somewhere that there were NO photocopy facilities available at the counter in the airport that deals with re-entry stamps - cam\n anyone confirm?

The warnings I recall were about there being no place to get a photo taken at the airport, which is why I asked about the photocopy of the passport page, since I don' t think there are photocopy services available either.

Based on what thanyaburimac and Crossy wrote, it seems no photocopy is necessary. Pattaya Immigrations it is, airport it isn't. Oh, well.