Australian Embassy Bkk

Having recently been surprised at the service recieved at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok, i thought that i should share it here.

I was in Bangkok last week and on a tight timeline.

I was dragged around bangkok all morning by my wife, with an 8 week old infant in tow.

Arrived at the embassy in a great frame of mind. :D

Spent 30 minutes in the passport section trying to sort out a few "issues".

The staff were very switched on, really knew what they were talking about.

Got the passport application lodged.

6 days later, the passport has been processed in Australia, sent to the Embassy in Bangkok, and sent on to me, and delivered.

It took longer than that to get my last passport when i was in Australia.

Well done guys.

Keep up the good work. :o

they aren't too bad with the citizenship and passport services. They are sticklers though for having the i's dotted and the t's crossed, especially for getting the passports.

Yeah always remember that the consular section (passports etc) is run by DFAT. The visa section is run by DIAC (the old DIMIA). So many people just think of the embassy as one which is not true at all. Each seperate section operates to the rules of their parent department in Australia. All they do is share the building and share some services.

And I too would like to pass on my appreciation to Robyn Hamilton and his staff for their help and being available during the period where we were making final arrangements and cremating an Aussie expat friend who passed away here in Ban Dung.

Thank you.