Dvd Regional Settings

Horizontalbiker

I guess your talking PC not a standard DVD player.

Try googleing for "<your make of dvd player> region hack" and see what happens.

I know with most of the mainstream brand "standard" dvd players theres usually a simple code you can enter via the remote control to change region settings, but i'm not so sure about PC based DVD players.

I remember a while back i did get hold of a region hack program for my PC based DVD player, but i had to navigate my way through millions of "Warez" sites to get it. Right pain in the backside.

Thats the best i can offer, i'm sure someone will come up with a much more suitable option for you :o

I'm certain you are talking about a PC DVD player..and I can't help with that..

but..

if you spend about 4000 baht on a stand alone DVD player, they can definately be changed..

I bought a Samsung from one of the big stores in BKK and went back when it wouldn't play the DVDs I'd brought from UK(the salesman said it would despite the regional sticker on the box)..

what I didn't realise was that I had to open the in-tray and key in a special code the salesman gave me and it plays ANY dvd...tidy eh? :o

If your talking PC DVD, then you have to bypass region protection in the hardware (usually by updating the firmware) then you have to bypass it in the software by running a utility like DVD Genie, or DVD Region Killer. It's all free. I have a Liteon DVD combo and had no problems. Just Google for your DVD model.

Beware flashing the EPROM though, if you screw it up....?

Just an update on the region code thing: the US has new region code checking that will be going into effect on US region dvds soon. If the dvd player has been hacked to remove the region code or region code check, the dvd will not play. The correct answer is to use a hacked dvd player where you select the region code at time of of play using the remote. Use this info to guide any future purchase of dvd players. BTW, hacked players are available in the US online.