Anniversary Dinner Recommendation?

moxhan

I'm planning for a surprise dinner for my wife on our wedding anniversary. I heard of a restaurant called something like "Shark" by the sea and a very romantic place in pattaya. I appreciate if anyone can help me on the location? Or if you have other suggestions. I also have consider to take a day or two to Huahin if I couldn't find a better choice in Pattaya.

I think The Shark is one of those seaside restaurants out in Naklua near the waterfront market. Either way, I've had several romantic anniversaries (about 1 a week :D) and would recommend a seaside dinner away there from Walking Street prices. Try the crab in yellow curry. Divine...

I enjoy Sugar Hut more during the day as there's less mosquitos and you can take in the lush greenery. I'd recommend the Naklua suggestions. Enjoy your fantastic meal with the sounds of the waves lapping at your heels while enjoying the cool breeze.

:o:D :D

I'm planning for a surprise dinner for my wife on our wedding anniversary. I heard of a restaurant called something like "Shark" by the sea and a very romantic place in pattaya. I appreciate if anyone can help me on the location? Or if you have other suggestions. I also have consider to take a day or two to Huahin if I couldn't find a better choice in Pattaya.

Cabbages & Condoms hotel has a lovely setting, Mata Hai restaurant is also very nice (european food)

Bruno's is also meant to be good

I think you will find it's called Sharkys and is located at the very tip of Jomtien near the construction site of La Royale.

Been there a couple of times and not overly impressed, service poor, very hot if no sea breeze, food nothing to shout about and not very friendly. Built of wood decking and drift wood sometimes have a band I believe, nice settng but too many negatives. Better places in town.

Been to Sugar Hut, it was nice but it is a long walk down from the main road, they did run me back up to the main road after the meal.

Another suggestion would be the PIC Kitchen (Soi 5 north Pattaya).

BB

But the walk back to the main road is part of the attraction at night - admittedly it is low light, but this means you see the rabbits (white ones easily, brown ones less so) and other animals running freely around the place.

I like PIC as well, but do not like the low seating and low tables. Fine for Thais who have been doing it all their lives, but my old bones don't adjust easily.

Before dinner why dont u take her out to have a drink while catch the sunset at terrace bar at Sheraton resort pattaya or itz would be nice to take her to have a glass of wine at the Lattitude ( a bar right by the sea) inside the Sheraton as well.You can ask the staff to make ur table on the beach right next to the sea.. itz very all.. Just a glass of drink . pricy. but itz all worth it :o

Happy anniversary

TigerLily

I would toss a coin between Mantra and Sugar hut, PIC, cabbages & condoms are nice places, BUT the food is aimed at the tourist market, it's pretty bland!

Sugar hut not cheap but the food is authentic Thai in a pleasant setting.

Few Thai people genuinely enjoy Western food, so going to Bruno's etc is a unnecessary extravagance.

Have Fun

Wow! is getting more romantic, anyway still have 2 weeks to plan. thks for the suggestion but I still don't know where is sugar hut located, help!

It's off to the left of Thaphraya Road on the way to Jomtien. About 2 kilometers from Pattaya South road. It's about a 250 meter walk from Thaphraya road to the resort itself. There is a big sign there.

I second Sugar Hut as much for the ambiance as the food but you will not be disappointed on that for sure. Mosquitoes are a nuicance but ask for one of the smoke coils (phone in advance to make sure they have them or you take one) and you'll be ok. Wear slip on shoes as you'll be taking them off to eat in one of the places.

My girlfriend suggests the Siam Bayshore Resort. Nice setting near bali hi pier and good breeze from the ocean if using the BBQ terrace. http://www.siamhotels.com/sbs/dining.asp

Though chinese food is better with more people, Marco Polo at the Montien is quite good but they close early, around 10pm I think. Not many Thais like chinese food though !

If you're thinking about going away and only get as far as Bangkok, try Salathip at the Shangri-La. Always good food.