Few Questions About Visiting

glenbat

bit of a spur of the moment thing but Im considering getting a pick up for a few days from a friend in Patts and heading East into Isaan. I'll have a thai with me so gussing finding my way round wont be too hard (or at least easier than without). She's a buriram girl and I know burirams probably one of the closer parts to visit, and advice or suggestions? And anyone around to say hi to?

Will probably be coming up Tuesday and staying somewhere (no idea where yet) tues and wed night

I want to escape the neon and screaming girls for a couple of nights and see the real Thailand

Any help greatly appreciated

Try Surin, it's just down the road from Buriram about 50 minutes drive.

There's plenty of bars and if you wander into the Farang Connection there's always plenty of TV members in there to have a chat with. Unfortunatley I'm not there at the moment but they'll be plenty of people willing to chat, and a few of the boys might be going out on a thursday night still. If you go with them you will get to see some khmer karaoke stuff at one of the bars on the outskirts of town.

Have a good time.

John.....

She's a buriram girl and I know burirams probably one of the closer parts to visit, and advice or suggestions? And anyone around to say hi to?

Where you are going may probably have already been decided :o

Narrow it down a little, Buriram is a fairly large area.

Thanks everyone, unfortunately I wont be visiting now as we've decided to see Koh Samet instead for 3 days but I will make the trip to Isaan soon

Well, I did say that where you were going had already been decided......... jeez, talk about ring through the nose.... I bet you eat grass too :o

I bet that you are paying for this trip Glen, for Gods sake get some gumption before they nail you to the wall.