Lonelyplanet Cant Help Me. I Hope Thaivisa Does

mervdmer

its been about two months now posting to the thorn tree forum of the lonely planet asking for help and all i got were suggsetions that i take the plane instead.

I DONT WANT TO TAKE THE PLANE. Im asking for bus info and that must be a clue that i prefer the bus. right?

i hope i dont get such stupid replies from members here.

thanks in advance

Hi mervdmer. Welcome to the forum.

It's a good idea to start with a smiley face instead of a scowl. Makes people more inclined to help.

It's possible somebody knows, but if nothing comes up here, if I were you, I would look for somebody in Udon who speaks enough English to understand what you want, and have them call the bus station there to ask about a schedule to Chiang Mai.

Unless you are close enough to the bus station there to simply go there yourself.

We can also try moving your thread to the Isaan forum later on, as there may be Udon residents who know, but don't read the Chiang Mai forum.

Good luck.

Seeing as you start your journey in Udon you would have to purchase tickets there.

You would need to go in person to the bus station to buy your tickets.

I would suggest you try the Isan forum you might get more help.

Also do a search for mutmee guest house nong khai . If you can't find info on their site then

drop them a nice polite grovelling email and they might have the info for you!

• 2 weeks later...

There is a direct service from Udon bus station to Chiangmai daily (via loei as stated above)

It's aircon and has a meal break stop in Phitsanulok (for smoke breaks, you need a seat near the front and watch for the driver doing the same, but warn the steward that's what you're doing)

I think, but am not sure (5 years+ since I used it) that it's operated by Nakornchai who have a website

Gaz