Storage In Pattaya?

kdf

How about a unit in Duck Sq? :o

Storage saga.

First, thanks for the hints I will leave no dark musty corner unchecked in my search for storage.

I have called the storage near bali hi pier several times and never found anyone who speaks English. Finally got a referral to a guy who knows/works with the storage guy. Nice but not sure of prices or sizes. Gave me # for guy who runs it, no answer on 4 tries. Website lists 4 sizes and 3 prices, I think, but no information re size other than size a, b, c. I need a bit more professional outfit than that to feel OK.

Baz hope to see ya and hoist a few with you soon.

Dave, not sure if Duck square idea is humour or real suggestion. What is real is that I have been reading your posts and seeing info re your place for too long without showing my face and , egads is this a pattern, hoisting a few. Love Blues, actually listening to Lightnin' Hopkins as I type. Rock is gud too, however I do want to protect my hearing. So any nite better than others?

kdf

How about a unit in Duck Sq? :o

Storage saga.

First, thanks for the hints I will leave no dark musty corner unchecked in my search for storage.

I have called the storage near bali hi pier several times and never found anyone who speaks English. Finally got a referral to a guy who knows/works with the storage guy. Nice but not sure of prices or sizes. Gave me # for guy who runs it, no answer on 4 tries. Website lists 4 sizes and 3 prices, I think, but no information re size other than size a, b, c. I need a bit more professional outfit than that to feel OK.

Baz hope to see ya and hoist a few with you soon.

Dave, not sure if Duck square idea is humour or real suggestion. What is real is that I have been reading your posts and seeing info re your place for too long without showing my face and , egads is this a pattern, hoisting a few. Love Blues, actually listening to Lightnin' Hopkins as I type. Rock is gud too, however I do want to protect my hearing. So any nite better than others?

kdf

Pop in any night (except Wednesday) before 1215 and you will here blues. :D

Duck Sq is next to Big C on Sukhumvit Rd/ Pattaya Tai, its has several business units there including many shops, I have a unit there which I use for storage, its about 70-80 square metres with a toilet etc, its about 3000bht per month. The office is located on the big c side about 6 units/ shops just before Wranglers Harley Davidson shop.

:D

Went looking for storage space.

First stop Bali Pier area. Next to the scuba place is a vacant shop. Asked and the owner(?) of the scuba shop and he showed me inside the vacant shop. It had some lockers and a large metal storage cabnet. To give you an idea the large storage cabinet rents for B1K per month. He said he was preping the room upstairs for storage. Did not look look like he had many customers.

Second, went and maybe found Duck Square. Did not see any sign that said Duck Square as I remember from the past. Lots of single shop like units with a community covered area and community was about half full. Could not find office but the price and discription on this thread may be enough for now.

Pattaya needs a full service storage!!!!!!!!

Went looking for storage space.

First stop Bali Pier area. Next to the scuba place is a vacant shop. Asked and the owner(?) of the scuba shop and he showed me inside the vacant shop. It had some lockers and a large metal storage cabnet. To give you an idea the large storage cabinet rents for B1K per month. He said he was preping the room upstairs for storage. Did not look look like he had many customers.

Second, went and maybe found Duck Square. Did not see any sign that said Duck Square as I remember from the past. Lots of single shop like units with a community covered area and community was about half full. Could not find office but the price and discription on this thread may be enough for now.

Pattaya needs a full service storage!!!!!!!!

Here Here! The substandard, non secure, and/or run down places I have seen are just silly.

I would like a secure, supervised site that did not appear to be holding on by a thread or a whim. One place that looked fairly good, when I returned to rent a space no one was in, door open and many "lockers" were wire cages with no top and a padlock on the front. Why no one there? Lady work alone need toilet. I guess I'll keep looking. Does seem like a good business opportunity.

I will keep looking, haven't checked out duck square yet.

Thanks y'all for the suggestions.

kdf

• 1 month later...
Found good storage in Pattaya. The dive shop out at Bali Pier has a storage business also that has been upgraded in last few weeks. It has alot of different size lockers etc. Everything from a gym size to a space for motobike etc. Meets MSA. Here is a link and happy renting:

http://pattaya-storage.com/

Glad it works for you. I made several calls and was referred to several other numbers. No one even new the size of the lockers they were renting. The web site lists more lockere sizes than prices, not very professional. Also they list no sizes on the website. Seemed VERY fly by night and not worth my time. I need at least one staff member who speaks a little English, at least enough to tell me what they are renting.

So still looking for storage with some minimum standards of service and security.

kdf

I have been out to Bali Pier before and it was not up to pare. My second trip (today) it looked much better. You should make a trip now to see these new improvements. The only person I have talked to is native English speaker and is there most of the time.

If you cant be bothered to look (again) then I guess you really dont need storage.

I have been out to Bali Pier before and it was not up to pare. My second trip (today) it looked much better. You should make a trip now to see these new improvements. The only person I have talked to is native English speaker and is there most of the time.

If you cant be bothered to look (again) then I guess you really dont need storage.

Well Heloo cowboy,

This Texan doesn't have a ton of time to waste and if somethings crap one time, probably can be again.

Like some posters, know what I mean?

Also a word of advise, difficult to guess another's motivation esp on a forum.

However, I do need storage and will make another visit based on your

recommendation.

Thanks

kdf

KDF,

"However, I do need storage and will make another visit based on your

recommendation."

How did it turn out. Be kind...you know we are desperate for storage space in Patters.

Will post report. Health has clipped our wings for a bit. First chance I can a visit, a report, and hopefully a storage contract will be mine and a report to forum.

kdf

• 3 weeks later...

Sad news to report.

We went to the Pattaya Storage across from the Bali Hi pier and they have stopped their storage service.

They only had 3 sign ups.

The search for a secure reliable storage firm that looks like they may stay in business continues.

kdf

• 1 year later...
I have seen this topic come up from time to time, but have never found secure storage in the area. Jomtien complex does NOT work for us.

Maybe something new has shown up?

kdf

the shipping company ibuyasia.com has a storage unit in Pattaya his mobile number is 0870330404

John Mallalley has storage units of various sizes, from smallish to large enough to park a car, on the darkside. He is in Pong just near the overpass over the 36. Turn left just before the overpass at the sign opposite the market. It is beside his pub, don't just drop in he is often not there and the pub closed sometimes. :o

Call him for directions 08 6112 0988.

Disclaimer; no interest in his business, just know him as a customer.