Second Motorbikes For Sale In Pattaya

Rickys

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help me out. I am visiting Pattaya in November and want to buy a second hand bike for my thai friend, from a reputable dealer in Pattaya. Looking at around the 45,000 baht mark.

Can anyone offer any suggestions of places to try and / or websites

Many thanks

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help me out. I am visiting Pattaya in November and want to buy a second hand bike for my thai friend, from a reputable dealer in Pattaya. Looking at around the 45,000 baht mark.

Can anyone offer any suggestions of places to try and / or websites

Many thanks

I wouldn't think twice about getting a second hand motoribke here in Pattaya. First off, if you or your friend are even thinking about driving one fast, consider several things. First, there are six times as many fatalities per 100,000 motorbikes in Thailand than there are in the U.S. In my opinion the major cause is 1. A complete lack of respect for the most part of any "rules of the road whatsoever" and a complete unwillingness to enforce such rules by the police, those men in uniform in the U.S. who for the most part are proud of their model "To serve and protect." I just came back from Chiang Mai. In the taxi on the way to the airport on Sukamvit Road in North Pattaya a solitary figure was waving traffic off to the side of the highway. So far he was the only person to arrive at the accident scene. As out taxi driver veered to the right I spotted a woman lying on the pavement who was quite dead. Her head was shattered and there was a trail of brains looking like little white sausages stretching around twenty feet towards the side of the road. I don't even think this made the news because online in the Pattaya papers another motorbike fatality was covered, this one occurring on August 31. The one I described happened in the morning on Septermber 1.

For what it is worth in my opinion one needs a bike that is going to get the job done. This includes some built in storage capability so you don't have to screw around with add on saddle bags at extra cost and does not include a large machine with excess reserves of power. If a man has a lot of extra power on tap he's going to want to give it a shot, once in awhile. If a man has a bike that goes from 0-100 kph in four seconds or less, he's going to want to feel that surge of acceleration once in awhile. And that's going to be when he suddenly sees the Zombie like witless Thai driver driving his motorbike up the wrong side of the street because he's too lazy to obey the traffic rules or the tuk tuk suddenly veering into his lane, or a baht taxi coming out into the road after discharging passengers, etc. You want to be driving slow enough to be able to comprehend what all the idiots around you are doing, and trust me the average operating IQ of the moment of the drivers you are going to have around you, Westerner and Thai alike is less than that of the average potato.

I'd go with either a Yamaha Nouvo or Honda Air Blade. You can now get either one at most reputatble dealers in Pattaya for 49,000 baht brand spanking new. If you could get this kind of machinery in the U.S. for such ridiculously low prices, you wouldn't think twice about it. Both are state of the art, fully automatic bikes employing long life drive belts instead of messy chains that have to be constantly adjusted. In Pattaya driving conditions they are easily quick enough to get you around in style and comfort. They are effortless to drive, have comfortable seating positions and particularly with the Nouvo, they have seats that are wide and large enough to easily accomodate the fattest Falang asses around. For Pattaya these are what most of us need and to think otherwise is to live in dreamland. But if a guy wants something else because it makes him feel good having it or driving it, great. It's a free world.