Dazer Dog Pisser Offerer?

jackr

This has been done before but just wondering if anyone knows if they're available in Muang Thai yet? Tried Amorn but they never heard of em.

Hi-freq' noise generator the size and shape of a big remote. Like this:

Dazer_Plus_Doggie.jpg

The moobahn is pretty quiet on the mutt front but next door have this semi-cute, annoying f*nny licker type thing that likes to sound off every now and then... as well as nipping over our side to restructure the new lawn on occasion :D He needs a bit of discipline and one would like to do it the quiet way so as not to offend the rather nice neighbour, so a quick blast of a discreet nuclear-powered hand-held device would be fantastic... if they do indeed work.

I've noticed others have imported, but it'd be nice not to have to have 3000% tax bunged on it or lose it altogether. :o

Cheers

This has been done before but just wondering if anyone knows if they're available in Muang Thai yet? Tried Amorn but they never heard of em....................................................................

I've noticed others have imported, but it'd be nice not to have to have 3000% tax bunged on it or lose it altogether. :o

Cheers

I'll keep my ears open for one for you :D

This has been done before but just wondering if anyone knows if they're available in Muang Thai yet? Tried Amorn but they never heard of em.

Dazer_Plus_Doggie.jpg

The moobahn is pretty quiet on the mutt front but next door have this semi-cute, annoying f*nny licker type thing that likes to sound off every now and then... as well as nipping over our side to restructure the new lawn on occasion :D He needs a bit of discipline and one would like to do it the quiet way so as not to offend the rather nice neighbour, so a quick blast of a discreet nuclear-powered hand-held device would be fantastic... if they do indeed work.

Cheers

OH YES i want one of these also

ps/ Will it work on the wife ???

post-31335-1189518337_thumb.jpg

Dazer_Plus_Doggie.jpg

Cheers

jackr, PM Dustoff....he bought some similar device; apparently he has all the "recreational" barking dogs in his moo bahn trained....

They Bow Down when he walks out his front door, and make marvelous doggie "woof-woofs" that are the equivalent of a golf clap.... :D

Dazer_Plus_Doggie.jpg

Cheers

what about on katoeys? :D

Dazer_Plus_Doggie.jpg

Cheers

i am in UK at the moment am returning to Chiang Mai on 1st Oct i could try and find one over here and bring it over for you. could do with one for my dogs as well.

To test out the general idea try this:

http://download.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/atc/atc_teenbuzz.mp3

Use it on a high powered home stereo system. I put it on my phone and walked close to the bloody mutts and it had no effect whatsoever.

The frequency required to be painful to dogs ears is well beyond the operating frequency of normal stereo speakers, so anyhting you record, and play back will have zero effect :o

Dazer_Plus_Doggie.jpg

Cheers

jackr, PM Dustoff....he bought some similar device; apparently he has all the "recreational" barking dogs in his moo bahn trained....

They Bow Down when he walks out his front door, and make marvelous doggie "woof-woofs" that are the equivalent of a golf clap.... :D

Yeah, cheers, read that thread. Looks like I'll have to import. Discovered said mutt had gone to work on the lawn again last night... gets in under gate. Love to drop-kick the bugger over the hedge but don't think that'd go down too well. :D

Discovered said mutt had gone to work on the lawn again last night... gets in under gate. Love to drop-kick the bugger over the hedge but don't think that'd go down too well. :o

Chicken wire on the gate?

Nienke

Discovered said mutt had gone to work on the lawn again last night... gets in under gate. Love to drop-kick the bugger over the hedge but don't think that'd go down too well. :o

Chicken wire on the gate?

Nienke

Don't stop him yappin darlin :D

Not actually my main concern but one which will be dealt with once abode is acquired.

Hi Just wondering what a 'dazer' sells for in the USA. I presume it's an American product. I too am kept awake by all nite howling by dog packs in the area. This seems a humane solution. Was thinking of trying the sound emitter now used by cruise lines to foil pirates; it does serious damage to potential hijackers well out at sea and not yet near enough to even think about boarding. Presumably more expensive than a dazer. :o

Hi Just wondering what a 'dazer' sells for in the USA. I presume it's an American product. I too am kept awake by all nite howling by dog packs in the area. This seems a humane solution. Was thinking of trying the sound emitter now used by cruise lines to foil pirates; it does serious damage to potential hijackers well out at sea and not yet near enough to even think about boarding. Presumably more expensive than a dazer. :o

And a little bigger too no doubt. Sounds like the wrong type of frequency for a dog and if it's audible to humans it won't be much cop... unless you want to destroy the rest of the neighbourhood along with the mutts. :D

Perhaps around $30.

I haven't seen them for sale in Thailand although I didn't search that much.

I started to design one but have problems sourcing the piezo (20kHz - 25kHz) of a reasonable size. The rest of the design is trivial.

Yep, you'd have a job keeping this un in yer pocket along with the battery:

:o

4-27kHz

May be worth having a browse in Amorn. Asked the 'remote' guy but he didn't have a clue what I was on about. There's a fair collection of components and odds n sods in there though.

http://www.personalalarms.com.au/dogrepellent.htm

Safecity Dazer Electronic Dog Repellent Device --- dog attack prevention

dogdazer150.jpgSafecity electronic dog repellent device, a hand held ultrasonic anti dog device that helps prevent dog attacks against joggers, walkers, postmen, cyclists, the elderly, service engineers and sales people-- virtually anyone who is intimidated by dogs.

The Safecity electronic dog repellent device combines the latest ultrasonic technology with simplicity of use to provide the user with a humane alternative to help prevent dog attacks and avoid bitten by a dog. The Safecity electronic dog repellent device emits a high frequency sound that is heard by dogs, but not by people. The sound is detected by the dog at a distance of 15 feet (5 metres), however the most effective range is between 5 and 10 feet (1.5 and 3 metres).

The sound is detected by the dog at a distance of 15 feet (5 metres), however the most effective range is between 5 and 10 feet (1.5 and 3 metres).[/size][/font][/b]

Gosh, that means you still got to get up in the middle of the night and rush to the yapping dog with your device for him/her to be able to hear it.

Sorry, Jackr, still no sleep :o:D

The sound is detected by the dog at a distance of 15 feet (5 metres), however the most effective range is between 5 and 10 feet (1.5 and 3 metres).[/size][/font][/b]

Gosh, that means you still got to get up in the middle of the night and rush to the yapping dog with your device for him/her to be able to hear it.

Sorry, Jackr, still no sleep :D :D

Oh well, just have to kill the bastard then :o

Nice n quiet at night as he's locked in the house so the zapping will happen during the day along with a swift 'PPPSSSSHHHHTTT'! :D