Elit Card Luanched On Samui

I don’t feel elite that I have the card, just satisfied I have it. Although after reading the threads of those who ‘bash’ the TE card, I’m happy I’m not in the same immigration cues at the airport listening to their

Dear !

Have I read wrong on TE website about a month or 2 ago that they also abolished the fast track service due to security reasons ?

All in all I found this thread very interesting AND informing, both sides had good points.

Edited by Tawai

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear !

Have I read wrong on TE website about a month or 2 ago that they also abolished the fast track service due to security reasons ?

All in all I found this thread very interesting AND informing, both sides had good points.

You didn't read wrong...

It is just the TE bashers at that time who got it all wrong (They were too-happy-too-fast about that news which they didn't read properly).

The fast track has been discontinued for the TE members' guests .

To make it clear (seems clear enough for me, but ok :o ), "guest" means, for example, the friends of a member arriving on the same flight (could be business partners, other golfers, a girlfriend... anyone without a TE card). These persons, indeed, have to go through the normal channel since last July.

But the immediate family is still taking the same channel as the member: Attendants wait at the arrival gate, accompany the member to the passport check (special counter), bring the member to the TE arrival lounge where he waits for his baggage, then goes to the limo... Super great service ! Even if you fly First Class, you still go faster than anyone else. Priceless :D

You didn't read wrong...

It is just the TE bashers at that time who got it all wrong (They were too-happy-too-fast about that news which they didn't read properly).

The fast track has been discontinued for the TE members' guests .

hmmm.... being a little overly liberal with the truth, aren't you? :o:D

When the news of yet another previous benefit being eliminated was made, I don't recall posts by anyone misconstruing it to mean the member and not the previously covered guests...

UPDATE....with a change of benefits

thai1.jpg

Fast Track Cancellation for Guest

Dear Valued Members,

Due to changes in our country’s security policy, Thailand Elite has no longer been able to offer the fast track immigration service to guests of our members as from the 1st July 2007.

Thailand Elite, a state enterprise, is also required to follow its regulations which are considered as Thai laws. Therefore, please be informed that the fast track immigration in fact is an exclusive privilege for our members only. From now on, your guests may be requested to pass the normal immigration process whereas you will be assisted by our Elite Personal Assistant for fast track immigration.

However, with some flexibility from the Immigration Bureau, your immediate family (wife or husband and children) may still be treated for the fast track immigration together with you only when traveling on the same flight. If there is any change on the service in the future, we ensure that we will inform our Members accordingly.

Thank you for your trust in our service and look forward to servicing you through our Member Contact Centre soon.

Best regards,

Thailand Elite Member Service Team

http://www.thailandelite.com/news_detail.p...from=press_room

Most folks who claim to have an Elite Card tell us how pleased they are to

have bought it, there again they could hardly say otherwise lest they be

seen as fools.

None of them are decry the fact that the concept has bombed ! ... Why is that since

it can not be a good thing for the current cardholders ?

The future benefits of the card can only go in one direction, that is Down ... how

could it be otherwise given the sales figures and current financial losses not to mention the

fact that private companies are already giving up on it ?

I did not, nor ever considered buying the card ... there again I'm over 50 so the visa

benefits are irrelevant to me. All other benefits were only hinted at ... Never stipulated ! :o

Naka.