Ramadan Mubarak

mindweave

Ramadan Begins Tomorrow

Arab News

JEDDAH, 12 September 2007 — The holy month of Ramadan begins in the Kingdom tomorrow, the Supreme Judiciary Council announced yesterday.

“As nobody witnessed the crescent of Ramadan this evening, tomorrow (Wednesday) will be the 30th day of Shaaban and Thursday will be the first day of Ramadan,” the council said.

Arab News wishes its readers a rewarding Ramadan.

http://arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&...;m=9&y=2007

I have deleted a number of posts because they are off-topic, flames, defamatory, abusive or hateful, and also deleted the replies to the deleted posts.

The topic, as I understand it, is good wishes to the members of a religious faith at the start of a period religious rites. Please let’s stay on topic.

--

Maestro

Ramadan will not begin in Thailand until the moon is sighted and it is recorded by the Islamic Council of Thailand. At that point Thousands of phone calls will begin all over the country announcing its beginning, and yes my house will be one of those that is called.

Ramadan month starts Friday: Imam Jama Masjid

Wednesday September 12, 08:29 PM

New Delhi, Sep 12 (IANS) The new moon for the holy month of Ramadan was not sighted Wednesday, so the first day of the month of fasting will fall Friday, according to the apex moon sighting committee of Jama Masjid.

In a statement here Wednesday evening, Syed Ahmed Bukhari, president of the Markazi Royat-e-Hilal Committee of the historic Jama Masjid, said that the moon for the month of Ramadan was not sighted in Delhi on the 29th of Shaban month Wednesday.

He also said that he did not receive 'any evidence of the moon's visibility from anywhere as yet'.

'Therefore, I announce that the first of Ramazam-ul-Mubarak falls on Sep 14 (Friday),' Bukhari said.

'If there is any change of the decision on the basis of some evidence, it will be immediately announced,' he said.

I have deleted a number of posts because they are off-topic, flames, defamatory, abusive or hateful, and also deleted the replies to the deleted posts.

The topic, as I understand it, is good wishes to the members of a religious faith at the start of a period religious rites. Please let’s stay on topic.

--

Maestro

Well done Maestro. Pitiful that this hatefulness abounds.