Burger Recipie's

mrtoad

Ok, probably done before, if it has I apologise.

I am looking for some different opotions to making burgers. I really don't mind if they are chicken, pork or beef. Hopefully. some of you can come up with some further suggestions as there are plenty of people here who love cooking, just like me. I am more than capable of making burgers, I am just looking for some better suggestions.

Look forward to a few new ideas.

Give us your recipe to start us off, MrT!

Mine's pretty boring:

ground beef

diced white onion

garlic mash or garlic salt

pepper

bit of paprika

sometimes beaten egg and bread crumbs

mash then all together, make balls and flatten to patties. Put in red hot skillet to brown each side and then turn down to cook, flipping at whim. I like mine BBQed but a frypan works.

Soemtimes I make an onion gravy to pour over them with mashed potatoes. Poor man's steak.

Wish I could help. Lemme try. How about being a lil creative here and have your very own burger recipie. Try ground frog meat instand of beef? More healthy, less colesteral and something new and different. No offense to those frog lovers I am just trying to be creative and been here in Thailand that long knowning 'it's taste like a chicken!' applies to any NEW menu we don't know here.

Mine's pretty boring:

ground beef

diced white onion

pepper

bit of paprika

mash then all together, make balls and flatten to patties. Put in red hot skillet to brown each side and then turn down to cook, flipping at whim. I like mine BBQed but a frypan works.

Soemtimes I make an onion gravy to pour over them with mashed potatoes. Poor man's steak.

jeez louise Jet, mine's even more boring

beef

salt

pepper

Can it get more boring?

Can it get more boring?

Sure can, to eat it with you!! OH kidding kidding.

Sometimes simple thing is the best of all. How could burger be cooked so much more fancy? C'mon, maybe how you do with ground beef, that's about it.

Some cheese?

It has been cheese burger! at every burger joints! McD, BurgerKing, Wendy's. Where have you been?

I don't know what else we could do with the beef to make it different and yet be a burger. Add more spices?

Edited by legag

My favorite, Mexicali Burger: if you like hot food, this is the one. Just chop up some cilantro, chili, onion, (garlic maybe) add to ground beef, little salt & pepper and an egg to make stick and mix together.

Extra spicy top if off with Jalapeño cheese :o

Mine's pretty boring:

ground beef

diced white onion

pepper

bit of paprika

:o

Sorry, I haven't got any non boring burger recipies. Thanks, there are are couple of ideas in here that I'm going to try tomorrow. Unknownposter, sorry, can't have the frog burger, thats almost like canibalism :D

Mine's pretty boring:

ground beef

diced white onion

pepper

bit of paprika

:o

Sorry, I haven't got any non boring burger recipies. Thanks, there are are couple of ideas in here that I'm going to try tomorrow. Unknownposter, sorry, can't have the frog burger, thats almost like canibalism :D

Frog burger? Anyway..........the assumption here is that you can get good ground beef in Thailand. I have never seen good ground beef in Thailand.

if you have great ingredients, it doesn't have to be complicated to be good:

i start with the best beef i can find: if i can i get the butcher to grind up fresh ground beef for me on the spot (i think he uses sirloin to make it?) -- there's less crap in it that way

i put:

soy sauce

chopped onion

chopped garlic

salt

pepper

and sometimes chili garlic sauce

that's pretty much it.

i start with the best beef i can find: if i can i get the butcher to grind up fresh ground beef for me on the spot (i think he uses sirloin to make it?) -- there's less crap in it that way

i put:

soy sauce

chopped onion

chopped garlic

salt

pepper

that's pretty much it.

You are making me hungry Canadiangirl. Hamburgers made from sirloin.........question: Is it possible to make this using Thai sirloin or must you use imported beef?

i put:

soy sauce

chopped onion

chopped garlic

salt

pepper

that's pretty much it.

You are making me hungry Canadiangirl. Hamburgers made from sirloin.........question: Is it possible to make this using Thai sirloin or must you use imported beef?

:-) Glad you like my recipe! :-)

I didn't cook when I was in Thailand, so I can't say for sure if it would be good with Thai sirloin. My personal cooking philosophy (if I can be so pretentious :-) is to adapt my recipes to use what's fresh and local. So I think this would probably still be pretty good using Thai pork (likely probably better than their beef). You could probably mimic what the butcher does (unless you have a Thai butcher that could do it for you) by mincing it as home -- when i want minced pork i buy a tenderloin and just go at it with a big cleaver until it's minced. it takes maybe 5 minutes (probably less if you're a strong man :-)

Bon appetit! :-)

Maybe a teensie bit Worcester Sauce and tabasco in the mixtutre along with the usual garlic, salt and pepper

I used to make lamb burgers with coriander and mint in them and top off with a cucumber, mint and yoghurt topping - lamb is bloody expensive in Asia hough so never do now.

An afterthought regarding Prok burgers. The Thai lady in a local restaruant to be back in the UK used to use minced pork to make home made "Thai" sausages - I suppose you could just make them into patties and use as burgers.

Add garlic, ginger/galangal, nam pla coriander/cilantro and a little bit of chili

Edited by Prakanong

Maybe a teensie bit Worcester Sauce and tabasco in the mixtutre along with the usual garlic, salt and pepper

I used to make lamb burgers with coriander and mint in them and top off with a cucumber, mint and yoghurt topping - lamb is bloody expensive in Asia hough so never do now.

An afterthought regarding Prok burgers. The Thai lady in a local restaruant to be back in the UK used to use minced pork to make home made "Thai" sausages - I suppose you could just make them into patties and use as burgers.

Add garlic, ginger/galangal, nam pla coriander/cilantro and a little bit of chili

Sounds delicious! :-)

Ya mince your own hamburger, JR. Soya sauce is a good flavour. Also good to make the patties and chuck in the fridge for a few hours before cooking. Definitely, a few pickles DSK. A bun with mayo, mustard, lettuce, cukes, tomatoes, slab of melted cheese and stir-fried mushrooms. Special sauce is just ketchup, mayo, dash of paprika/cayenne and diced pickles aka Thousand Island dressing.

I prefer my burgers 100% beef. Unfortunately Thai beef is WAY too lean and needs some fat content to be able to cook on the barbecue. I have found that if you cannot get beef fat, pork fat can be used. Your burger should have at least 5% fat in it prior to cooking. As far as adding rice, onions and other spices, I think it ends up tasting like some kind of sausage. If I want a sausage sandwich, I'll use pork sausage. If you really like good hamburger OR minced pork, you'll need to grind it yourself. The white specks in Thai ground pork are usually not fat but skin.

When I lived in Bangkok I found that the marbled Thai French chuck steaks made great hamburger.

Edited by Gary A

I just bought some ozzie lamb burger patties (OK, I'm lazy) at Rimping (Nim City), 2 for 95 THB. I'm gonna spice 'em up (just pepper and prik kee noo, coriander and mint sounds good, maybe next time) and probably make a double cheesburger (yeah, I'm a fat American) with 'em. I'll let you know how it rolled.

I came up with a burger to satisfy my wife's Thai palate....

Ground pork

Chopped Prik kee noo

Chopped Cilantro

Minced shallots

Chopped garlic

A little fish sauce

A little oyster sauce

Salt and plenty of black pepper.

A truly Thai tasting burger. You may elect to put some "horapa" (anise basil) on top of the burger in place of lettuce.

Deeelicious :o

I prefer my burgers 100% beef. Unfortunately Thai beef is WAY too lean and needs some fat content to be able to cook on the barbecue. I have found that if you cannot get beef fat, pork fat can be used. Your burger should have at least 5% fat in it prior to cooking. As far as adding rice, onions and other spices, I think it ends up tasting like some kind of sausage. If I want a sausage sandwich, I'll use pork sausage. If you really like good hamburger OR minced pork, you'll need to grind it yourself. The white specks in Thai ground pork are usually not fat but skin.

When I lived in Bangkok I found that the marbled Thai French chuck steaks made great hamburger.

Did you just suggest adding lard to Thai beef to get the appropriate fat content? That might just work. Interesting.

I like the idea of getting the butcher to make some ground sirloin using Thai beef, mix in some lard, marinate in garlic and onion powder, dash of red wine, maybe bit of soy sauce.....overnight in fridge.......then on the grill........might work and actually taste good.

Did you just suggest adding lard to Thai beef to get the appropriate fat content? That might just work. Interesting.

I like the idea of getting the butcher to make some ground sirloin using Thai beef, mix in some lard, marinate in garlic and onion powder, dash of red wine, maybe bit of soy sauce.....overnight in fridge.......then on the grill........might work and actually taste good.

Jes_s Chr!st JR, lay off! I gotta go to the Duke's now thanks to you! :o

Edited by calibanjr.