Having A 200cc Phantom Bored To 250cc?

pianoman

I have read on various forums about having a Honda Phantom (200cc) engine bored out to 250cc and replacing the required parts with factory parts from Japan....

I enjoy my Phantom, but would love to have the extra power that an additional 50cc would add... Also, I live in Kalasin, so would hopefully like to find somewhere in Issan area that could accomplish this... Also would like to know the approximate costs of such an upgrade....

Pianoman

I have read on various forums about having a Honda Phantom (200cc) engine bored out to 250cc and replacing the required parts with factory parts from Japan....

I enjoy my Phantom, but would love to have the extra power that an additional 50cc would add... Also, I live in Kalasin, so would hopefully like to find somewhere in Issan area that could accomplish this... Also would like to know the approximate costs of such an upgrade....

Pianoman

lf you look on many of the posts on the bike forum you will see people in Bangkok and Pattaya struggling to find a decent bike shop, l think you will struggle to find someone in lsaan to do the job,l may be wrong.

Good luck hope you find somewhere. Mark

That doesn't sound like a 'bore job' but a complete new cylinder body, piston, ring, etc. Then would the valves be the right size for the increased piston area? Would the heavier piston be a strain on the crank? Anything's possible, but it's like the folks who tell me I can put a 250cc capacity into my CBR150R. It would be a big job.