Good Gifts For Thai Children?

gatorsoft

I will be coming to Isaan in Aprill 2008 to volunteer teaching English at schools in Nongkhai and Sri Chiang Mai. I would like to bring some small gifts with me to give to my students as well as any incidental contacts, adult or child, that I encounter. I'm thinking in terms of relatively inexpensive items that are easily obtainable in the US, but would be appreciated and maybe not so easily obtainable in Isaan. Also perhaps some ideas for a little more substantial gift to someone that provides a lot of help or friendship during my time there. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :o

Dance as though noone is watching,

Sing as though noone is listening,

Love as though you have never been hurt before,

and live each day as if it is your last!

us dollars would be relatively inexpensive items these days so bring euros or pounds instead.

don't understand bringing imported-from-thailand bags of rice from the us to thailand though.the overweight luggage charges of $100+ would make the $5 20-pound bags of rice in the luggage rather pricy.and cigs and whiskey are not gifts that say i appreciate you.

I will be coming to Isaan in Aprill 2008 to volunteer teaching English at schools in Nongkhai and Sri Chiang Mai. I would like to bring some small gifts with me to give to my students as well as any incidental contacts, adult or child, that I encounter. I'm thinking in terms of relatively inexpensive items that are easily obtainable in the US, but would be appreciated and maybe not so easily obtainable in Isaan. Also perhaps some ideas for a little more substantial gift to someone that provides a lot of help or friendship during my time there. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :o

Dance as though noone is watching,

Sing as though noone is listening,

Love as though you have never been hurt before,

and live each day as if it is your last!

Jigsaws for kids, US City name keyrings for adults