Hotel Recommendations In Sisaket

mr6kings

Greetings. We're planning to visit my wifes family in Ban Chan which is just south of Kantharaom. We plan on staying in Sisaket and renting 4 or 5 rooms so family members from surrouding areas can also visit. I was looking at the Kessiri Hotel because it has a swimming pool and includes breakfast. but because the total for 4 nights would approach $700 I decided maybe not. Last trip 2 1/2 years ago we stayed at the Prompiman which was fine IMO. Plus there was close proximity to the market and now that I have a Sisaket map I see it's walking distance to a number of eating places ie Sugar Pub. I see theres a SP Botique at 300 baht and a North East at 350 baht also listed. The Prompiman is listed at 400 baht but 2 years ago my wife checked with front desk and insisted on a deluxe room which was I believe 800 baht. I guess I'm looking for any pros or cons against any of these choices. The pool would be nice for the kids but I see Surin has a water park we could take the kids to possibly with the money saved not staying at the Kessir . Mostof my wifes family have lived out in the sticks their entire life so a stay in a hotel in the city will be a big experience to them. Thanks for any advice.

Mark Solie (planning on being in Sisaket Oct 30-Nov 2)

Greetings. We're planning to visit my wifes family in Ban Chan which is just south of Kantharaom. We plan on staying in Sisaket and renting 4 or 5 rooms so family members from surrouding areas can also visit. I was looking at the Kessiri Hotel because it has a swimming pool and includes breakfast. but because the total for 4 nights would approach $700 I decided maybe not. Last trip 2 1/2 years ago we stayed at the Prompiman which was fine IMO. Plus there was close proximity to the market and now that I have a Sisaket map I see it's walking distance to a number of eating places ie Sugar Pub. I see theres a SP Botique at 300 baht and a North East at 350 baht also listed. The Prompiman is listed at 400 baht but 2 years ago my wife checked with front desk and insisted on a deluxe room which was I believe 800 baht. I guess I'm looking for any pros or cons against any of these choices. The pool would be nice for the kids but I see Surin has a water park we could take the kids to possibly with the money saved not staying at the Kessir . Mostof my wifes family have lived out in the sticks their entire life so a stay in a hotel in the city will be a big experience to them. Thanks for any advice.

Mark Solie (planning on being in Sisaket Oct 30-Nov 2)

Stay away from the Kessiri, no pool to be seen, very run down, moldy and the wifi does not work above floor 3 which by the way is used for short time room rental (hourly.....)