My Wifes Having A Baby, Woohooooo

onnut

Congratulations.

Are you talking about Sukumvit Hospital or Samitivej Sukhumvit?

We had a look at both.

I think Samitivej Sukhumvit is too expensive with a 55000 THB natural birth program not including epidural injection (add 15000 THB for this).

Sukumvit Hospital is much cheaper (19900 not including epidural injection), but they have only one doctor being there regularly (other doctors are there few hours a week at best) and things didn't go that well with him, check my Thalassemia and pregnancy thread for one of the reasons why this doctor won't deliver our baby.

So now we will have a look at Samitivej Srinakarin which was recomended to us by another poster (34500 THB for the same package as Samitivej Sukhumvit), the main drawback being that it's further away from our home, and I'm a bit scared of being stuck in the traffic at a bad time.

If you find a good alternative in this area (upper Sukhumvit) I'll be interested.

Congratulations, I'm 9 months further down the line than you (baby 2 months old today).

Get your wife / girlfriend on the Social Insurance now, tomorrow. You pay a little each money (a few hundred baht) and you can claim Bt12000 if you have paid in for 7 months prior to having the baby. I missed out but it is a win win situation, paying in say Bt500 per month for 7 months = 3500 and getting back 12000 !

Here's the link, countesy of another TV member.

http://www.sso.go.th/english/content.php?m...p;content_id=98

Get your wife / girlfriend on the Social Insurance now, tomorrow. You pay a little each money (a few hundred baht) and you can claim Bt12000 if you have paid in for 7 months prior to having the baby. I missed out but it is a win win situation, paying in say Bt500 per month for 7 months = 3500 and getting back 12000 !

Here's the link, countesy of another TV member.

http://www.sso.go.th/english/content.php?m...p;content_id=98

Depends on how many children your wife/girlfriend has already had....Two is the limit to claim the 12,000 Baht. The cost of the social security payments are 480 Baht/month. I make the payments for my wife so she can claim her old age pension - 1,500 Baht/month :o

geoffphuket