Best Place To Watch American Football?

cneuy3

Ok. I have UBC and I know of ways to watch the games via webstream on my computer but that is no fun. I'd like to find a place that stays open late and will allow me to watch the games.

Last year I frequented Sharky Bar over there near Maddog Pizza. That place was accomodating for the first game but closes around 3 or 4. Just watching the first game is fine with me but sometimes they run hiphop music in the background and mute the sound. I like the sound of the games! The other place I know, I believe it is called Blue Bar(next to the shithole IMO Lucky Bar, said they would allow me to watch my football there and they stay open late. That's alright but the atmosphere isn't the best.

Is there anywhere that you fellow American football lovers go to watch your games?

HI-

If you find out anythings let us know. We are from Pittsburgh and assuredly Steeler fans,

so at least we have the start of a group. :o Go Black and Gold-

Well... I guess it's Blue Bar for now. It's not a terrible bar(around the girly bar district but Blue Bar isn't as in your face as the other ones so football watching is feasible). No big screen though and I believe the sound is muted or low. Maybe I'll see you there sometime or elsewhere when we find a place. The problem I find is the number of Europeans and Thais far outweigh our demand for the American sport. Usually you have to find some dive bar where nobody goes or one with multiple TVs to get them to put it on for you.

Also, Keep in mind the UBC tends to show a fairly random schedule and if anything the games tend to be focused on the West coast so we might only get one or two Steeler games this year :D

Glad to hear your a fan though. Team looks good and Big Ben seems to be back in full throttle. Let's start making room for rings on the other hand now :D

Edited by cneuy3

Have you heard of a device called the "slingbox"....you hook it up to your TV in the states and you can watch your TV thru your computer anywhere you like.I have heard the commercials here in Toronto,and from my understanding it is not too expensive,but I do not have all the details.It may help solve your football fix...Also try John's Place,that is where I caught a Packers game.