Atm Probs Today?

glenbat

ive read of atm problems quite a lot in Pattaya, are they playing up today? Tried to take out 20k baht but rejected at 2 different machines, i know the money is there but wont give me any. Had problems before and had to phone the bank back home to confirm i am away but warned them beforehand this time.

Also, are there machines on Koh Samet as im off there early in the morning for 3 days so need osme cash before then?

cheers

Only times my Visa card failed was in Pattaya. I think the first Exchange booth near Marks Land on North Beach ( as you walk down from Marks Land in the direction of Walking street) was the one that caused the problems and my card use was frozen until I phoned the fraud section of the Bank.

If your visa card is from a uk bank , i have had the same trouble even after telling them im in los , last time the halifax told me i could still use my card in shops or go in a bank to withdraw money , just coudnt use atms for 3days, mentel, they can stop a card in seconds but take 3 days to activate it , and it was a pain to get money from the thai bank first they couldnt understand why i could not use an atm then they said ok no problem , we need your passport and proof of where you live ,