Driving Licence - How Lmuch Time It Take You To Be Issued

wilko

How did you get it in 50 minutes? There's that ridiculous compulsory 2 hour video... And crazy queues. I'm assuming you paid for it. :D

Took me from 6.45am to 4.30pm, including medical/photo-taking/wait time/etc.

No video if you're applying using an IDP or licence from certain countries :o

Edited by Crossy

Took me two days to get my first one as I took the test.

Got my five year one in about 5 minutes.

took me about one hour, including stupid colour blind/reactions tests& photo's. No Video/medical needed. Did'nt ask to see IDL just full UK DL. First application for Car AND motorbike licences, so it lasts one year and I think subsiquent renewals will be 5yr type

:o

David (in Surin)

It takes approx 1 hour for your first 1 year licence as long as you have all the documentation in place.

If you do not have a licence from your own country (or at least an IDP) then you will have to sit a written test and do a driving test, so it will take a lot longer!

The 5 year one is basically just a transfer of details and printing of the new licence and therefore is a lot quicker.

sure would be nice to know absolutely whether a letter from the embassy or a document from immigration (OR BOTH) is required to verify location of residence...seems like this requirement, like the financial/income requirement for non - imm visa extensions, is a matter of the whim of whatever 'official' one happens to be dealing with at the time... :o

include the time it takes to obtain either (or both) of these documents and the DL processing time increases significantly...better to let the BiL drive and enjoy the ride...