Pattaya Indoor Sports Stadium

jeepholt

Hi guys. Can someone explain how to easily find the Pattaya Indoor Sports Stadium please? Give me landmarks please since when driving I never have time to look for road signs (if there are any). I am always way to busy dodging baht busses and traffic to look for signs anyway. :o TIA

Head South on Sukhumvit passing Tesco Lotus then Undrewaterworld on your right, you come to a set of lights go straight, pass Kayong Builders Merchants on your right, you approach a second set of traffic lights, turn left and you are on Soi Chaiyapruk 2 . Travel about 2 Kls along this straight Soi and the Indoor Sports Stadium is on your left. It is a very large complex, if you miss it, time to give up driving!

"Jeepholt" mentions "Landmarks" when giving directions, have others noted how difficult it is in, not only Pattaya but most of Thailand to give directions with meaningful landmarks, there's just lots of ugly concrete buildings everywhere! You have to know the name of the road where you wont to go.

After you go through the lights at Wat Boon, you then pass the Water ski park, Kanyong on your right, then traffic lights tun left etc, good directions but easy to miss, for me anyway.

Good luck

Cheers

The map is called Pattaya big area road map (1:20,000), and it is very good indeed. It covers a lot of the east side of Sukhumvit as well as the city. It has a red cover, with Pattaya in a yellow box on the top. I bought it in a small mobaan convenience store, but I am sure Bookazine and other bookshops will have it as well. If online I don't know.

Slightly off topic, there is a great map of Bangkok which comes with a CD that is very good, and zoomable, it even lists every petrol station and suchlike. I don't have it here at the moment, but can find out if of interest. A similar thing would be good for Pattaya as well!

Try this website for more info: http://www.dcothai.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=635

If you find an online or CD version, please let us know!

Edit: To add URL for map

Edited by MeaMaximaCulpa

Nice map, is it available somewhere (printed or online)?

Monty, Yes it is called the Pattaya Big Area Road Map but it went out of circulation last year. I contacted the original vendor and there is a (slightly different) version of available online at http://www.sawasde.com/sawasde_new/home.ph...amepage=sawasde

Click on the map icon on the top left of page.

Hope that this helps (and hope the link works too!).

If you think you may have a problem finding Soi Chaiyapruk while on Sukhumvit, just take Beach Road Jomtien down to the police box on the beach. There you will see the only traffic light on Beach Road (normally not working). That is Soi Chaiyapruk. Turn left and follow it across Sukhumvit and you will see the sport complex on the left a couple kilometers after you cross Sukhumvit.