No Web Server

Kringle

I'm trying to get a service manual for my bike and have this guy that says he'll upload it if I have a web server. Since I don't he says he can send it in pdf format if I can receive 127.8 MB of mail. I think the limit is 100MB for the new Gmail account that I have. What can I do to get this manual sent to me? Is there a way to split it so I get two?

Thanks for any help, Kringle

I don't know what to do, I can send this info and see what he can do. I've never received anything this big before so thought I better check with you guys to figure it out. I would buy the manual but it's not cheap and to ship it here from the US would be more than the frickin manual. I'll send this to him and see what he says. Thanks a lot for the suggestions. :o Kringle

Why make it so complicated. Ask *him* to put it on his webserver and send you the HTTP or FTP link fro download

1) Too obvious. :-)

2) I assumed *he* didn't have access to a server either if he had to ask Kringle for one.

I'm trying to get a service manual for my bike and have this guy that says he'll upload it if I have a web server. Since I don't he says he can send it in pdf format if I can receive 127.8 MB of mail. I think the limit is 100MB for the new Gmail account that I have. What can I do to get this manual sent to me? Is there a way to split it so I get two?

Depending on his firewall config this guy might be able to share and give you permission to the file directly from his pc. So you would map a network drive to his ip etc....

You guys are just too good. I sent this section to the info guy and will let him choose the best route for him. I guess the "old dog" just needs to learn a lot more tricks. The brain is working, just a little too much in the last few days. Trying to find parts for this bike has burnt a few too many cells lately. :o:D

Thanks for all the help, Kringle

127 mb for a pdf-file is a remarkable size......It must hold considerable graphics inside.

Any pdf-file can be cut into pieces and be sent page per page.....

As George said, it should be taken into a HTTP or FTP server for download....

Huge files should NOT be sent by email.

Another option might be to burn the file into a CD-Rom and mail it to you

Just a thought, and you've probably looked at this idea already,

but why not google for your make of bike etc, i'm sure with half an our of searching youll be able to find the information you need. I presume its the english style "haynes" manual your looking for, that infors gotta be on the net somewhere.

just a thought, maybe im a mile off track

I send large files to my brother using eyeball chat's file transfer option. It's free, (just google for eyeball chat), and has the advantage of also handling webcam calls...

We've sent 700Mb files before now with no problem. Although both of you have to be logged in at the same time... (and it helps that we both have ADSL so that transfers don't take too long).

I've been doing searches on the net for this bike before I even got it here and I haven't found any manuals up online. They are all up online for sale but not on a site where you can look at the content of them. There are three manuals that Kawasaki put out for these bikes #1 the owners manual, nice to have if original but not worth anything to work on the bike #2 the service manual, the best to have for doing anything major to your bike and #3 the suppliment, all the extra stuff Kawasaki should have put or learned later in #2. The main manual is about $45 US and the suppliment around $35 both without shipping.

Haynes and Clymler don't come anywhere near the quality of information that you get with OEM and with their cost, about $26-30 without shipping, it's no bargain.

He11, it's an old bike,I think that Kawasaki should have it on their site for people to view or copy but then that's my song baht worth. :o

At a pinch he could mail it to me and I could put it up on the web server here and you could download it. I have 250Mb limit. :o

I have to give a BIG thank you to Jay Rockwell at 3ix for letting me use his website server to get the manual I needed. I made a call to him because I didn't have a clue on how to download the bloody thing (just lack of experience on my part) and he took me through the whole process. I'm sure it was time for him to leave work but he stayed with me till I got it right. Thank you very much! :D

I also wish to thank all of you for your suggestions and also to Dickie for his offer to help me. :o

Again, thank you to all,

Kringle