Alternative To Maxnet?

goforit

Can anyone recommend an alternative to MaxNets Indy ADSL 1024kbps internet connection? Since I signed up about 6 months ago, the program has just gotten worse.

Constant "cannot find server" along with lousy download/upload speeds are the norm. Call the 1103 service number and all I get is a technician will call back OR we fixed the problem and it should work better now - but if it does it doesn't last long. Other times they just say THEY have the problem on their end that they have to fix. There is just no way I can figure out what's really going on.

Whatever it is, I either need to know what is causing the problem and how to correct it or try to find another ISP. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I live off Hang Dong road in Kool Punt Ville 7 if that helps.

On Maxnet Premier and it's been crap this month. The speed is still there most of the time but the drop-outs are bad. FTP is a waste of time. Thinking they've bunged me down to Indy. Free upgrade later this month - double speed - but 6 to 1 and half a dozen of the other me thinks. :o

my torrents went from 70-100k to 3k in the last two weeks. I am near Wat phrasing. Now they are doubling the speed, yay 2mbps o wait, only in Thailand... Lame. I want to ask if they will keep me at 1mb and drop me down to 500baht instead, but we already know that answer... I visit home in 2 weeks, 13mbps here I come. Gonna stock up on every tv show, anime, etc before i return.

On Maxnet Premier and it's been crap this month. The speed is still there most of the time but the drop-outs are bad. FTP is a waste of time. Thinking they've bunged me down to Indy. Free upgrade later this month - double speed - but 6 to 1 and half a dozen of the other me thinks. :o

What is Maxnet Premier? More generally, what can I do to get reliable, moderately fast internet service.

Currently I am paying 1000 baht a month, supposedly for 1MB service. For several days now my internet radio has been stuttering, downloads have to be restarted, and it takes several attempts to reach webpages. Intenet video is out of the question. In short, service has been even worse than the usual poor standards. I live between ThaPae Gate and the Ping River, if that makes a difference.

I know I'll never get the great speed available in other countries, but am willing to upgrade/pay more for reliable connectivity at moderate speed. Does anyone know if this is possible?

What is Maxnet Premier? More generally, what can I do to get reliable, moderately fast internet service.

Currently I am paying 1000 baht a month, supposedly for 1MB service. For several days now my internet radio has been stuttering, downloads have to be restarted, and it takes several attempts to reach webpages. Intenet video is out of the question. In short, service has been even worse than the usual poor standards. I live between ThaPae Gate and the Ping River, if that makes a difference.

I know I'll never get the great speed available in other countries, but am willing to upgrade/pay more for reliable connectivity at moderate speed. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Premier is one up from Indy. I'm paying more than a 1,100 for 256k. Used to be really reliable - which was what I was after, speed second - but has gone down the proverbial crap hole since TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT&TTTTTTTTTTT got their own gateway. Although it matters how far you are away from the exchange, the main thing is that how many are on your particular exchange - contention ratio. The higher that is, the worse off you'll be, and the Indy will have the highest of all which means ok service from very late at night til early in the morning to less than mediocre when the kids come home from school. As I say, Premier was constant no matter what time of day for me, but now, still similar speeds but off and on ..... :D

Afraid you'll have to pay the reddies to get a very good connection, and even then, say, with a leased line at the high end of the spectrum, TiT will play a huge part in giving you crap service. :D

Premier is one up from Indy. I'm paying more than a 1,100 for 256k. Used to be really reliable - which was what I was after, speed second - but has gone down the proverbial crap hole since TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT&TTTTTTTTTTT got their own gateway. Although it matters how far you are away from the exchange, the main thing is that how many are on your particular exchange - contention ratio. The higher that is, the worse off you'll be, and the Indy will have the highest of all which means ok service from very late at night til early in the morning to less than mediocre when the kids come home from school. As I say, Premier was constant no matter what time of day for me, but now, still similar speeds but off and on ..... :D

Afraid you'll have to pay the reddies to get a very good connection, and even then, say, with a leased line at the high end of the spectrum, TiT will play a huge part in giving you crap service. :D

Sounds like I pay more and may or may not get better service---what a deal!

Lately even my late night internet has been hit and miss. I guess life in Chiang Mai means living with last decade's internet.

I'm with True cable, and there have been periods more frequently lately where it's just crap.

On top of that, I never get anything close to the speed it should be. I pay about 1k a month. I know someone with adsl who has a better service but he is paying 2k/month for a line that is shared with less people. I guess I should consider switching to that, even tho 2k seems like quite a ###### lot of baht.

I used to have dial up and always used jinet. When I decided I love the internet for real I pursued a plan with jinet as well. I compared with maxnet and others but always heard of trouble with them or that despite promotions, the speed wouldn't ever be as advertised. Also heard some of the other providers actually deprioritize you if you are logged on long or download alot of torrents. Jinet does just fine for me. I pay 1356 B/ mo and share the line with 10 ppl I think. My speed is pretty good and I rarely lose service. Every 2-3mo's there might be the odd few hours of slow down. Can't remember a time of no connectivity at all.

I signed up with ji net at Siam Info in Panthip Plaza on the top floor, right next to the round rail that looks down onto the exhibition floor down below. It oonly takes a few days to get signed on. I used to pay there, but now for some reason I'm able to pay thru my bank, BKK bank. Not sure why that is, but it that's how it works.

I've heard of cheaper plans, I've heard of more expensive. So far nothing that beats what I have. If MaeJo Man or whoever it was that had his speed double recently could boast that it was always that way and not a goof, I might look elsewhere. I'm always open. But for now I got a good system so I don't wanna ferck with it.

I'm telling you.... jinet is dee way! - a well kept secret - most internet sales shops can help you sign up, though I recommend the friendly English speaking folks over at Siam Info in Panthip.

I'm with True cable, and there have been periods more frequently lately where it's just crap.

On top of that, I never get anything close to the speed it should be. I pay about 1k a month. I know someone with adsl who has a better service but he is paying 2k/month for a line that is shared with less people. I guess I should consider switching to that, even tho 2k seems like quite a ###### lot of baht.

Whether it's a coincidence I don't know , but True cable doesn't seem to do well in heavy rain. It either interrupts it or slows it down. Maxnet has been strange the last few days but seems OK now. No interruptions but sometimes very slow.

I think with any internet service here you will get some problems , the cables and lines just aren't up to anything better.