German Needs Help On New 1 Year Non-b Multiple Entry Visa

Dear All,

I am a German national, 51 and have stayed in Thailand on a 1 year Non-B Multiple in Thailand for the past 10 months, doing Cambodia runs every 90 days.

I don’t work and don’t have a WP.

As my current visa expires in November 07 (Feb 08), I need to apply for a fresh 1 year Non-B multiple entry soon.

After reading the forum I understand this is only possible by leaving the kingdom and most likely Asia.

Where would the best and nearest place to submit my application?

A corporate sponsor letter with the prospect of future employment can be provided.

I would like to avoid going back to Germany. This will be the last and final option.

Looking over the Thaivisa posts the message is….. "avoid the region".

If so, any advice on, where to go and what is required to apply would be highly appreciated. (Australia perhaps?)

Tnx - rheinwiese

Even with holding a German passport?

Yes, AFAIK there should be no problem, although it would be a good idea to call / email the consulate to confirm exactly what their documentation requirements are :o

Edited by Crossy

Its easy from Perth I did this back in June as a British citizen, you submit documents in person and collect Visa 2 days later on a Tuesday or Thursday only, fee is AUD225 for a 1 year multi entry.

If you email them they respond in a few days from my experience [email protected] they will forward you the documents to complete ahead of time, alternatively PM with your email and I can forward them to you - sure I still have them.

A tip about the flight - From Phuket to Perth return was less than 16,000B with Tiger Airways, strangely enough the price was cheaper if booked in two legs i.e. Phiket>Singapore>Perth.

Stange that you have 1 year multiple-B whithout workpermit.

Anyway, if you want to renew your 1-year visa you must have workpermit and provide documentation

that you paid your taxes the last year.

/Edit: Off topic. OP talks about a visa, ie from a Thai consulate, not about an extenstion, which is something one would get from an immigration office. Maestro

Edited by Maestro

But he isnt going for an extension..

And MANY consuls through the world (almost all of them except local consuls) WILL issue a 1 year non B multiple with a company invite letter (or the package of same)... Pretty simple.. Some will even issue them on the vague 'investigating investment' grounds.. Or for export purchasing etc etc etc.

Edited by LivinLOS

But he isnt going for an extension..

And MANY consuls through the world (almost all of them except local consuls) WILL issue a 1 year non B multiple with a company invite letter (or the package of same)... Pretty simple.. Some will even issue them on the vague 'investigating investment' grounds.. Or for export purchasing etc etc etc.

He wrote: As my current visa expires in November 07 (Feb 08), I need to apply for a fresh 1 year Non-B multiple entry soon

Is that not an extension?

No hes indicated he has no WP and is clearly asking on where to go to get a 1 year multiple entry..

I need to apply for a fresh 1 year Non-B multiple entry soon.
After reading the forum I understand this is only possible by leaving the kingdom and most likely Asia.

Rheinwiese is not looking for an extension but a new visa, different issues. I as a German had my 1 year "B" received in Sydney 5 years ago, just with an invitation letter stating that a company wishes to employ me subsequently to approval of applied visa. Since then I do extensions of that Visa with the docs mentioned by p.s. (work permit, income tax etc.). Sydney is a nice city well worth visiting while waiting a day for your visa.

No hes indicated he has no WP and is clearly asking on where to go to get a 1 year multiple entry..
I need to apply for a fresh 1 year Non-B multiple entry soon.

Thanks very much for all your answers.

Indeed, I do not have a work permit and supposely I can't apply for an extension of my current 1 Year Non-B.

Hence I would like to apply for a new 1 year Non-B with multiple entries.

My current Visa was issued in German last year just with an company invitation letter. 15 Minutes, no questions asked.

Seems that Brisbane or Perth is now the place to go.

Will contact them before leaving to ask what docs are required.

Again, thanks for your contributions.

LivinOS, Well it should be the pefect solution to everybody.

Just get Multiple-B, 1-year visas everybody.

Why bother to get O-visa or TV-visa, I can write invitation letters( for a beer )

Good luck...... :o

Thats about the fact of it.. If you apply in the UK or other friendly consuls and do so every year from outside of Thailand its trivial to stay here on non imms.. Its only the people to cheap to travel long distance that have a problem.

I am now on my 4th year of non imms.. Yet I am under 50, not working, not married to a Thai, etc..

Maybe this will stop int he future, but as of now its pretty simple.. Pay your money, get a 1 year.. of course not locally in Asia !!

same problem

have new passport,no historie,

i am not married,under 50,no dependends ,no company

look for multi non o/b

assistence help ok please BM

to the topicstarter ? what emabssy was it??? essen ??? because ffm is bad. my friend from swiss, he got a non b one year multi in amsterdam , dand was driving all the way with documents from sunbelt to holland,,just for get a visa, because in swiss they refuse.

same problem

look for multi non o/b

to the topicstarter ? what emabssy was it??? essen ??? because ffm is bad. my friend from swiss, he got a non b one year multi in amsterdam , dand was driving all the way with documents from sunbelt to holland,,just for get a visa, because in swiss they refuse.

YES, it was the Consulate in Essen. No trouble at all and nice and very friendly staff.

BTW, just got the information that the Consulate in Basel-Switzerland issues Visas of for Swiss residents only.

Switzerland was on my agenda as I have family living there and wanted to combine the visa application with a visit.

same problem

look for multi non o/b

Just fly to one of the listed known friendly consuls...

it was a swiss guy with swiss passport travel to amsterdam.................zuerih is not issuing multi b yearvisa

just flying to a friendly consulate??

not so easy, can do, but only if sure,, and there is the problem

somebody can help ? non o b multi

under 50, no marriage, no dependend ,no company

only can show proof of incomming

please BM if any agent ( no passport sending out)

BTW, just got the information that the Consulate in Basel-Switzerland issues Visas of for Swiss residents only.

Switzerland was on my agenda as I have family living there and wanted to combine the visa application with a visit.

That is or was not true, at least not up to roughly 12 months ago not, since I can confirm that a German with German address got 3 subsequent

Multiple Non-O-Visas from Basle.